Earl Watson stays in PHX

Nonsense

Reaction score
Suns removed the interim tag from Watson's job title. He gets a three year deal to officially be named the head coach of the Phoenix Suns. They stayed competitive to close out the season, but he's gonna need to get them in the postseason next year to make this seem like a good move.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
good for him. not sure if hes the best choice but teams like this show a young coaches potential.

Shaggy

Staff member
ADMIN
Reaction score
I like Earl, but I wish they gave the coaching search more time.  Seems they just didn't even try to look and just signed him.

SC3

Reaction score
As long as he lets D. Book shoot at-will, I'm fine with it

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't know how successful he will be in the future but I thought he did a great job kind of "righting the ship" culture wise after he took over as the interim. That team seemed to have some big locker room problems but he had straightened that out by the end of the season and they were enjoying playing together again.

Shaggy

Staff member
ADMIN
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
I don't know how successful he will be in the future but I thought he did a great job kind of "righting the ship" culture wise after he took over as the interim. That team seemed to have some big locker room problems but he had straightened that out by the end of the season and they were enjoying playing together again.

I agree.  He did seem to get the players to gel better in the locker room.  I hope he can turn them around next year, but it all depends on what Ryan McDonough can do in the draft and figure out the best setup with the current players.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
Getting rid of the locker room problem = trading the Morris twins.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Getting rid of the locker room problem = trading the Morris twins.
trading markieff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%