Eagles Fire Chip Kelly

47th oG

Reaction score
Does Chip stay in the NFL? Where does he land?

BNC

Reaction score
Chip can coach in the NFL. Chip should not be making personnel decisions in the NFL.

Lynch Mob

Banned
Reaction score
He's in Austin and wearing burnt orange by the end of next CFB season. Chip is the big name hire Texas wants and needs. Read today about how the Longhorn Network is hemorrhaging money and fan support has also waned. Chip can coach in the NFL but I think he's too arrogant to do it w/o the power to make his own personnel decisions. I also think this stint in Philly was bad enough that NFL teams avoid him like the plague this offseason.

BNC

Reaction score
As bad as the moves he made were, and most were awful, if you're gonna give him full control you can't fire him after just one year, that's not fair

Lynch Mob

Banned
Reaction score
BNC said:
As bad as the moves he made were, and most were awful, if you're gonna give him full control you can't fire him after just one year, that's not fair
This I agree with. Lurie went from being convinced to give a relatively unproven pro coach control over his roster.......to deciding it was a bad move, in less than a year. I think Chip had it in his head that he was going to run a hurry up, spread-type of offense very similar to what Bradford and Murray ran at Oklahoma. What Chip fails to realize is college kids have much different motivation than professional athletes do.

BNC

Reaction score
Flint said:
This I agree with. Lurie went from being convinced to give a relatively unproven pro coach control over his roster.......to deciding it was a bad move, in less than a year. I think Chip had it in his head that he was going to run a hurry up, spread-type of offense very similar to what Bradford and Murray ran at Oklahoma. What Chip fails to realize is college kids have much different motivation than professional athletes do.
I don't think it has as much to do with motivation as much as it has to do with the fact that you can't just take players with some talent, plug them into a system and have it be effective like he could do in college. It takes good players with a system built around their skills to be successful in the pros. It's difficult to just pick and choose athletes for a system in the pros because the talent pool is much more limited whereas in college he's got a nation of high school athletes to pick from. Oh and Ryan Mathews or Shady McCoy were better fits for his system as well.

I figured he wouldn't be fired this year because there's no way the CEO/Owner would be willing to admit his mistake this quickly, guess I was wrong

cavsfan817

You trying to get the pipe?
Reaction score
As soon as they signed Demarco I was shaking my head. Made zero sense for them to bring him in when they have guys like Sproles and (eventually) Mathews that were perfect fits.

Reaction score
Chip was an absolute joke. He did pretty solid in his first season, but then after that he started to ruin the team.

47th oG

Reaction score
Pumped Up Kicks said:
Chip was an absolute joke. He did pretty solid in his first season, but then after that he started to ruin the team.
That's what happens when you give a coach too much power

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%