Dwight Howard and James Harden "Eat Separately" from Houston Rockets Teammates

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
Eating separately was just an example of how the two are separate themselves from their teammates.  

Doesn't literally mean "OMGZ THEY DONT EAT TOGETHER!!!"
I'm sure there are other examples of this, as Dwight is immature, but choosing who you eat with is not a valid one. 

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Again, as me and Nola both said, it's just an example of how they don't hang out with their teammates. 

You guys can say it's a smear campaign or w/e crap, but it might actually provide some insight in to their inability to attract a star this offseason.  Maybe people like Bosh started talking to some of the players in Houston and they were like "Harden and Howard are fucking assholes". 

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If these guys are like that outside of the teams facilities what are the chances they are just as bad (if not worse) when they are with the team? You don't have to like everyone you play with, but you can't tell me that when your two stars have this opinion of themselves and their teammates that it's healthy for the team. Does anyone think either of these guys are leaders for the Rockets inside the locker room? Who is the voice for that team when things begin to go wrong? Who pulls that team out of the hole? Did anyone have the voice to try and do that in that Portland series?

Mobruler

Wolves
Reaction score
elcheato said:
It's a team game, so that means they have to team up when dealing with meals? It's a load of bullshit, and it's a guy who plays the same position as Dwight and can't find consistent minutes. He wants a bigger role, and probably a trade. Strumming up drama is a good way to get that wish. 

The problem is that you hope your star player(s) assume the team as a possession of their own and take great interest in nurturing and even controlling the work ethics and behaviors of the players in the rotation around them.  You really need this inside the locker room dictatorship to build true championship team cohesion.  Jordan did it, Duncan did it, Kobe did it, Lebron is doing it.

Harden and Howard already smell like they lack leadership.  Small things like this just solidify the opinion that the Rockets lack the intestinal fortitude to be a legitimate contender.  If I were Daryl Morey, I would walk through the depths of hell to sign Ray Allen.  They clearly severely lack those kinds of veterans.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Its a smear piece

dsmatheny88

Reaction score
They probably shower alone together too lol.

Honestly though the leadership does need to be questioned. No matter what the situation is. If you got the whole team sitting over here and eating with Harden and Howard off by themselves, or the whole team goes here to eat but they go there, then that's a major problem. If it's a situation where you got a group of guys eating here and a group of guys eating there but Harden and Howard are off by themselves and whoever made this statement was just pointing that out. Then it's still a major problem. Either way you look at it there is a lack of leadership. They shouldn't be off by themselves while everyone is together, and if everyone isn't together they should be the ones bringing them together. No wonder Chandler Parsons was so quick to sign that offer sheet we gave him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%