DWade Drops Converse, Signs With Nike's Jordan Brand

Status
Not open for further replies.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Nike announced on Friday that Dwyane Wade will now represent the Jumpman label. Wade had three years remaining on his deal with Converse, which had used him as their centerpiece in hopes of reinvigorating their business.

"I grew up on the south side of Chicago idolizing Michael Jordan and have worked hard to achieve the same success that he's had on the court," said Wade, according to the Associated Press. "I have enormous respect for this brand."

The Jordan Brand has been a division of Nike, which also owns Converse, for 12 years.

"I didn't want to be in the Converse brand anymore because it seemed like they didn't know what to do with me," Wade added.
This might not be big news for the usual NBA fan, but for us sneaker fiends this is like a blockbuster trade lol

Im excited to see what the new prototypes look like, Melo's are "ehh" so Im not expecting a new classic for Wade but its still exciting.

I never got why he signed with Converse anyway, they havent been relevant since Magic and Bird's "Weapons" lol

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I heard about this and was like...O.O

It'll be weird at first seeing him on Nike but we'll get used to it

He signed with Converses because they gave him a deal lol

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Was this the exciting news he had in store for us? I saw on his twitter last night that he had something exciting for us going on... lol. Yes D-Wade... you changed shoes. So giddy.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hell Yeah the jordan brand is gonna be serious with melo,cp3,dwade. About time he left converse they were weak,

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score
oh <Censored>, finally. i liked a few of his converses though. i bought a pair a few years back

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kinda weird considering Nike own Converse...

Donkey

Members
Reaction score
gotta throw away my converse now lol and get some Nike

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
shoes will be shoes

To someone who doesnt know the history behind them, to me theres a big difference b/t Converse and Jordan.

Anyone else will say the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%