Duhon could be a Knick today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Free-agent point guard Chris Duhon met with new Knick coach Mike D'Antoni and was offered a two-year contract reported to be more than $7 million.

The New York Post says Duhon was mulling the offer last night and could accept today.

Marc Berman cites a person with knowledge of the situation communicating that if Duhon signs with the Knicks, "It has nothing to do with Stephon Marbury."

Berman seems to be disputing Frank Isola's report in the New York Daily News that bringing in Duhon would signal the end of Marbury's days as a Knick.

"If Duhon joins the team, he and Nate Robinson will share time at point guard," writes Isola. "His arrival would also clear the way for the Knicks to release Marbury."

Berman calls that "erroneous speculation" and states that Marbury has been assured that he will be in the Knicks' pre-season camp.
This may not be the PG you need, but he could help for sure.

Dice-J

Make Animal Cruelty a Felony!
Reaction score
Duhon would help out the Knicks a little

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Duhon might be able help a team out a handful of games during the season, but goodluck the other 70-75 games of the year.

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Duhon might be able help a team out a handful of games during the season, but goodluck the other 70-75 games of the year.
Haha. Agreed. Duhon is a good 2nd option but not a number 1.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Miami and Orlando have also shown interest in Duhon. And I hope one of them steal him away, I know the Magic have offered a 3yr deal.

I hope he doesnt sign with us, he doesnt even fit the system. Hell, they drafted Gallo instead of Bayless...so why not give Marbury a chance?

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Miami and Orlando have also shown interest in Duhon. And I hope one of them steal him away, I know the Magic have offered a 3yr deal.

I hope he doesnt sign with us, he doesnt even fit the system. Hell, they drafted Gallo instead of Bayless...so why not give Marbury a chance?

s the New York Knicks decide whether or not to buy out the final season of point guard Stephon Marbury's contract, having made an offer to free agent point guard Chris Duhon, apparently they have other plans as well. Apparently word on the street is the Knicks are interested in Sebastian Telfair.

Telfair and Marbury are both local products, from the Coney Island area, and while Marbury has worn out his welcome with the team, fans, and media, Telfair is still considered a local hero from his high school days at Lincoln. With Jamal Crawford and Nate Robinson already on the team – Duhon is more likely going to Orlando – the expectations will be lower for Telfair. It's hardly the way he wanted to make his return to New York City, but it might be a good place for him to start over.

GIVE HIS COUSIN A SHOT?

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Fast pace ball is his game <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%