Dolphins Name Fitzpatrick Week 1 Starter over Rosen

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
The Miami Dolphins have tabbed Ryan Fitzpatrick as their starting quarterback over Josh Rosen for the regular-season opener against the Baltimore Ravens, head coach Brian Flores announced on Thursday after the team's final preseason game.

Fitzpatrick and Rosen, the 10th overall pick in 2018, had been competing throughout the summer, though the veteran was widely viewed as the favorite to earn the job.

Rosen spoke to the media shortly after Flores' announcement. He's confident about being able to unseat Fitzpatrick sometime this season.

"It's only (a matter of) time that this team is mine," said Rosen, according to Cameron Wolfe of ESPN. "But until then, I'm going to be as supportive of a backup as I can and push him every single day."
I'm curious to know who has seen them both play this preseason, because I haven't. Statistically they appeared to have similar performances.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
It’s probably best... Baltimore’s defense would eat up Rosen and they probably should use the more experienced QB

They’re also gonna tank for Tua or Trevor Lawrence anyways

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Maybe. But I could see the offense really struggling after 4 games and Rosen getting the call by Week 6 at the latest.

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
Yeah Rosen needs to be in there sooner rather than later. You’re gonna lose games either way might as well see what the kids got before you look to invest in another QB

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I mean they're both gonna play at some point. That's pretty much a guarantee.

kdogg

The original #SpartanDawg
Reaction score
This was the right decision to make if Rosen wasn't clearly better than Fitz. Miami lessens the risk of him getting absolutely destroyed in any of those first 4 games and also lets him "earn" the job after their bye week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%