Dodgers Listening To Offers On Puig

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
The Dodgers have informed rival clubs that they would be willing to move outfielder Yasiel Puig in the right deal, Bob Nightengale of USA Today reports on Twitter. Thus far, however, Los Angeles has received more trade inquiries on their higher-end prospects.

Puig was reportedly informed by the team recently that he would not be dealt. At the time, the report (from Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com) indicated that the team was not engaged in any trade talks regarding the somewhat controversial, but incredibly talented, 24-year-old.

All said, it still seems unlikely that anything will come together on Puig. Hes not playing up to his prior levels, but still owns a productive .253/.327/.423 slash over 217 plate appearances.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/07/dodgers-yasiel-puig-listening.html

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
His slash should include bat flips per game. It is important

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
why? hes that big of a douche?

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Hes a total douche, overrated, and a team cancer. No thank you.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What are you basing that on? His bat flips?

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Teammates of his have stated that he has a sense of entitlment, got into an altercation with Greinke during his rookie year, multiple times where he doesnt hustle or shows up late for games. There is a substantial reason why the Dodgers are willing to listen to offers for him because they are tired of his antics. They might not be well known but they are definitely there, you dont trade away someone so talented just because.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Because you wouldn't expect someone young to make shitty decisions? Likeable among his teammates or not, players know how to put their hatred aside because most of them just want to win games, and Puig has been a huge part of their success. Besides, if he wasn't hitting 253 this year, this wouldn't be a rumour.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
management is supposedly upset with his attitude too. i think youre underestimating how much attitude does affect teams. especially from a young player. thats worse.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Also why does the media always put the "clubhouse cancer" narrative on players the have a little flash in their game? Is it because they don't play the game the "right way"?

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Papa Pugzo said:
management is supposedly upset with his attitude too. i think youre underestimating how much attitude does affect teams. especially from a young player. thats worse.
It doesn't seem to be affecting the Dodgers this year.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
it doesn't have to affect the play on the field if the other relaxers just can not get along with him. it's drama from within that may blow up layer on. if guys dont like your star it'll hurt you down the line still.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If his attitude was really that bad they would move him for whatever they could get

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah I understand that but Puig is only 24 and still has some maturing up to do. Besides, almost every team has a polarizing character. And like I said, the whole "Puig is a clubhouse cancer" narrative is blown out of proportion. We don't know what happens behind closed doors.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i know that. im just speaking for what is out there. obviously most of the rumors about him are likely blown way out of proportion. i just dont think attitude issues roll over onto the field. sometimes it'll just drive players away in the long run.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
See I think Harper is flashy and does things that might irritate the opposing team, but as a teammate hes considered a clubhouse guy. I view Harper and Puig in the same light, but theres something about Puig that goes beyond arrogance. You can just sense it and see it. Idk I might be wrong, but all these little ticky tack things start to add up.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Nope thats not it, Im hispanic so if anything I should have favoritism towards him.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm saying in general, people are more accepting of Bryce Harper because of that. He's obviously better than Puig too, but it plays a part 

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i dont think any of us here see that reason

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Subconscious racism? I think it's all just being blown out of proportion though. Media needs stuff to talk about

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%