Did Magic do enough to keep Dwight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Grizzlies gave Jerry West and his prized Lakers a good deal..
Jerry West left Grizzlies organization a year before the Gasol trade...

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
The Hawks couldn't sign Dwight Howard. And SMH $tunna, ridin' Teague so hard.

ElJAY IV.

Reaction score
I actually don't think Dwight will leave. IF he does its to the West Coast, because there's no team he could run to in the Eastern that would give him a better chance to win.

I honestly believe he will stay, and I think what they have in Orlando now may be enough. I dont know who else is coming off contract in 2012 that could in a rare way potentially lead to the same thing we saw with Miami -- 3, or even 2, superstars going to one team that can afford them. I mean, is there someone else that's a big play-maker that would go with him elsewhere in 2012? Idk.

And AE I completely agree with what you are saying but I still understand why bringing in superstars is the way to go right now. If you look back at the 90s, how did teams compete with the Bulls' Jordan and Pippen? Big stars... However, back then it was spectacular dunks vs tough-skinned defense, whereas now its more of beating one offense with a stronger offense.

The 90s, teams like the Knicks has to add to their already competitive rosters just to stay neck to neck with the Bulls and Pacers. You had teams that had 2 or 3 big names.

Jazz -- Malone and short-shorted Stockton
Knicks -- Ewing, Starks, Oakley
Bulls -- Jordan, Pippen
Spurs -- Rodman, Robinson

I'm sure there's more that I'm forgetting. It's been going on for decades, stretching back to the 80s with Byrd and Magic Johnson. We just forget sometimes. Thats why I'm not entirely surprised by this surge of talent on 3 or 4 teams in the NBA. It's what we used to have years ago and many recognize the 90s as the best decade in NBA History. Maybe we're back to that... you may not like it, but having 4 or 5 powerhouses duking it out and trying to add better talent each year may actually be better for the NBA.
Are you dumb?

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
What's inaccurate about that? He can't go to the Celtics or Heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%