Did Adelman Kind of Screw up this year?

Wolves United

Reaction score
 Rick Adelman hasn't given much playing time to any of his rookies this year, but they both have managed to show potential. On what planet are the Wolves good enough to not play the 14th pick in the draft, especially when he's behind Robbie Hummel, Luc Richard Mbah a Moute and Alexey Shved? 39 rookies are getting more playing time than Shabazz who has a lot of potential. Gorgui Dieng became the fiftth player in timberwolves history to post 20 point 20 rebound game as a rookie on a list that includes Kevin Love, KG and Jefferson. I'm not saying that he can maintain that, but he's literally a double-double machine.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well Adelman is notorious for not playing young guys unless he's forced too.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bazz isn't as good as he was once advertised.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
also jefferson as al jefferson? he wasn't a rookie for the wolves.

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
Shabazz is injured and out for the year, bro-tato. 

Adelman has done the best he could with such a shitty roster and a one-way superstar. Kevin Love needs to GTFO and Minnesota needs to sign Rubio and rebuild around him and Deing as defensive leaders. 

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
Also, I've decided that Kevin Love is no longer even in the discussion for best PF in the league. I've never seen a player who impacted the stat sheet so much with so little impact on his team. It's fucking pathetic. 

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm curious as to how you could conclude Shabazz has a lot of potential. I'd argue he has very little, given his inability to go right or use his right hand. In his limited time he has shown to be good cutter, plays well in transition and in spot up situations. Those are the areas he excelled in, in College as well. He's not good in isolation, not good in pick and rolls. All of the information says decent role player, which is fine. But certainly does not have tons of potential.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:
Shabazz is injured and out for the year, bro-tato. 

Adelman has done the best he could with such a shitty roster and a one-way superstar. Kevin Love needs to GTFO and Minnesota needs to sign Rubio and rebuild around him and Deing as defensive leaders. 
So you claim Kevin Love, their clear best player, who is a one way player has to go, and you're adovcating for them to build aroud Ricky Rubio, who is awful offensively, and maybe a good defender. Certainly not great, and definitley not a good defensively as Love is offensively.

The Wolves are bad beause of the pieces around Kevin Love, not because of Kevin Love. But, if you want to rebuild round two role players, role players that are apart of this "shitty roster", one of which is a 24 year old rookie who has had only a good 15 game stretch, so be it.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
elcheato said:
So you claim Kevin Love, their clear best player, who is a one way player has to go, and you're adovcating for them to build aroud Ricky Rubio, who is awful offensively, and maybe a good defender. Certainly not great, and definitley not a good defensively as Love is offensively.

The Wolves are bad beause of the pieces around Kevin Love, not because of Kevin Love. But, if you want to rebuild round two role players, role players that are apart of this "shitty roster", one of which is a 24 year old rookie who has had only a good 15 game stretch, so be it.

I'm saying start over with a couple of nice pieces. Love wants to leave, anyway. Trade him. He's a distraction and, as I've already said, the kind of player who fills the stat sheet but doesn't elevate his teammates. 

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't think he's messed up. You can't really blame Adelman for not playing Shabazz, Mbah a Moute is a good defender which is what Minnesota needs. Adelman's career as a coach is coming to an end, and may even be over at the end of this season. The guy isn't as interested in bettering a franchise that he won't be a part of long term, he wants to go out winning ball games. That hasn't exactly worked, but the pieces he's working with don't exactly mesh either.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
elcheato said:
I wouldn't say Rubio is awful offensively. Adelman's offense creates a lot of movement and they like to send Rubio off of down screens and picks with a lot of movement and it allows him to create for his teammates. And their are very few PG's in the league that have the instincts Rubio does. Rubio is great at getting into the lane and dishing out to teammates, he should get more credit for the outlet passes he makes up the court, and he just see's things develop before anyone else. His accuracy as a passer should be noted as well.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's awful offensively in the sense that he may be the worst shooting backcourt player in the entire league right now.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Minnesota not being good was the one thing I was actually right about this season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%