Derrick Ward in danger of not making Bucs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooche

Reaction score
The Tampa Tribune suggests that Derrick Ward is in danger of not making the team this year.
A trade or a release are both realistic possibilities, according to the Tribune. Ward looked awfully sluggish on a rain-slicked field Saturday night while Cadillac Williams and Kareem Huggins both looked fantastic. Ward is due $3.25 million this year -- a lot to pay for a third-string tailback. Aug. 16 - 1:03 pm et
Source: Tampa Tribune

Ward not making the Tampa Bay roster would be insane. They dished out a ton of cash to him, and truthfully, he hasn't played all that well for them since his Giants days.

footballplaya52

Solo Dolo
Reaction score
they also never gave him the opportunity to be the main guy either though

Mooche

Reaction score
No RB in Tampa really has overly impressed me. I mean, Caddy has been banged up with injuries but showed signs. Ernest is the definition of inconsistent.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Ward sucks. And he probable didn't get a chance cause he played poorly in practice. Caddy could come back though. I was running hard in their pre-season game.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Huggins <Censored>s all over Ward.

Mooche

Reaction score
He was cut yesterday.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
SMH

Shows that TB knows what direction their trying to go, by cutting him after signing him to that huge contract.

Should have stayed in NY...

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I actually want the Giants to sign him, maybe where he trully belongs is with us. It makes sense since our running game did bad after he left and Derrick Ward wasnt very successful last year as well.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
He already signed with the Texans, FPS...

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
We don't need Ward, Huggins is about 10-times better than that retard anyway.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
No RB in Tampa really has overly impressed me. I mean, Caddy has been banged up with injuries but showed signs. Ernest is the definition of inconsistent.
How the <Censored> did I miss this?

How in the hell do you base that claim? He was on pace for 2,000-yards in 2009 before a season ending injury, that was also his first true year as a starter in Tampa Bay. He was moved to FB and has done nothing but dominate since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%