Derek Boogaard found dead

Star King3

Reaction score
New York Rangers forward Derek Boogaard was found dead in his apartment. That's according to the Minneapolis Star Trbune's Michael Russo.
Russo reported the news of Boogard's passing on Twitter on Friday night. Russo said the 28-year-old was found dead in his apartment by his family.
Boogard just finished his sixth season in the NHL, his first in New York with the Rangers. Prior to that, he had spent five NHL seasons with the Minnesota Wild.
http://www.nesn.com/2011/05/report-new-york-rangers-forward-derek-boogaard-found-dead-in-apartment.html

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wow. RIP.

I believe this goes back to his concussion. He took a hard punch, fell to the ice, and has been out since like December with a concussion and has had constant headaches since then - I can only imagine that he suffered some major brain damage. This is going to send some serious shock waves through the league in regards to both concussions and fighting.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Damn RIP. And yeah definitely going to cause some shock waves through the league like you said yanks.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
RIP.

This is definitely going to be investigated. I wonder how this is going to change hitting and fighting,

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm absolutely shocked. My jaw dropped when I saw this.

R.I.P :(

H-MYK

Reaction score
RIP, like most people, I wonder if his concussion had anything to do with his death.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm not a hockey fan, and I don't know who Boogaard is. But still, this is sad news. RIP.

Mooche

Reaction score
Late, I know, but this was still very tragic.

R.I.P Derek.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%