Dear LeBron James,

Status
Not open for further replies.

werebarret

Reaction score
Dear LeBron James,

I don't understand you. I don't understand your decisions. I really don't know why you say the things you say, and then do the things you do. Honestly, it just baffles me.

Virturally every single one of your actions this offseason baffles me. You didn't have the fortitutde to be Mr. June, so you decided to be Mr. July. You couldn't make June your show, you couldn't deliver on your promise to deliver a championship to the city of Clevenad, so you decided to make July your show. You decided to hold the Cleveland Cavaliers, the New York Knicks, the New Jersey Nets, the Chicago Bulls, and the Miami Heat hostage for a month.

The whole thing was an act, a sham. Everything you said and did in Cleveland. You personally guarenteeing that you'd lead the Cavs to the championship, your tatooes that read "Chosen One", "Loyalty", and "King", the self-serving BS that you have spewed and continue to spew even now. You're not a winner, you're a frontrunner. You never rooted for the Browns or Indians, you rooted for the Cowboys and Yankees. You're no King. No King just crowns himself. He has to take the crown from someone. You're a fraud.

I don't get it, LeBron. You've stated that you want to chase the legacy of Jordan, that you want to someday on the same plane as him, that you want to someday be in the conversation with those legends. You want to butt in on the Holy Trinity of Magic, Bird, and God of the basketball world, Michael Jordan. You've pretty well ###### that up. Can you see Jordan doing this? Can you see him doing any of this? If it's game 5 of the Eastern Conference Semifinals against the Boston Celtics, does Michael Jordan put on the disgusting show that you put on? Hell no. No way. No <Censored>ing way. Can you see Jordan dragging on something like this for weeks, months? Jordan wouldn't give two <Censored>s about Mr. July. He'd rather be Mr. June. He didn't win immediately either, you know. He was blasted by the Pistons and Celtics for years until he finally broke through and defeated the Los Angeles Lakers in the 1990 NBA Finals. He didn't try to hop on with another superstar in the prime of his career, he wanted to be THE GUY, which is something that you will never be. Do you really think that after those first several years, Jordan would have said "<Censored> this!", and hopped on with Patrick Ewing in New York, or Malone and Stockton in Utah, or Charles Barkley in Philly? Or the Bad Boys in Detroit, who'd kicked his ass in May and June year after year? The answer isn't no, it's "<Censored> No!"

Jordan was the best because he wanted to beat the best. And the best in his days included Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Patrick Ewing, Reggie Miller, Isiah Thomas and the rest of the Bad Boys, Malone and Stockton, Barkley, Payton and Kemp. Hakeem the Dream in Houston. Pretty much a Who's Who of the greatest players in NBA history. And he had the balls to stick at it, and beat the hell out of each and every one of them. He overcame the "Jordan Rules". He overcame Magic Johnson's swan song in the Finals. He's the best because he beat the best.

You will never be the best, LeBron. Despite your mind-boggling talent. Your resolve and mentality are holding you back. If you had half the resolve of Michael Jordan, you would be the best. If you had half the result of Kobe Bryant, you would be the best. You are arguably the most talented player in the history of basketball. But because of htis decision, you will never be the best. Because at age 25, you've conceded that you can't beat the best. You felt you couldn't beat the Wade/Bosh duo in Miami, so you made it a trio. You could have been king, LeBron, but now you're just a jester in Wade's court. Dwayne Wade will go down as a better player than you, LeBron. He'll have the superior legacy. And if you truly mean all the BS you spew aabout wanting to be one of the all-time greats, you wouldn't be able to stomach that. The thought of it would be disgusting to you. The seating at that interview said it all. You and Bosh were sitting on either side of Dwayne Wade, wearing nondescript tan suits, while he was in center stage, wearing all black.

Jester in the King's Court. It's Miami-Wade county. It's Wade's kingdom, LeBron, and you're just a subject. You could have been Jordan, but you decided to be Pippen. Wade is Jordan, and you and Bosh are Pippen and Rodman. He's Bird, and you guys are Parrish and McHale.

I don't know how you stomach it.

Sincerely,
An anti-Miami Heat fan.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Personally I agree with you on alot of these points. But looking back at some things I think it's clear he didnt have "the guy" mentality. I remember a few years ago when we as fans used to criticize him for wanting to make the game winnning pass instead of shooting it. If you've seen his documentary, looking back he always wanted to be apart of a group instead of leading one.It's just frustrating to me to see somebody who I thought had Goat Potential settle for being somebody's pippen.

But you were correct on a lot of your points.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Can I post this on the blog?

werebarret

Reaction score
Personally I agree with you on alot of these points. But looking back at some things I think it's clear he didnt have "the guy" mentality. I remember a few years ago when we as fans used to criticize him for wanting to make the game winnning pass instead of shooting it. If you've seen his documentary, looking back he always wanted to be apart of a group instead of leading one.It's just frustrating to me to see somebody who I thought had Goat Potential settle for being somebody's pippen.

But you were correct on a lot of your points.
He's done it to himself. He's the one who tattoos stuff like "Chosen One" and "King" all over his body. He's the one who's said his idol is Jordan, and he wants to catch him.

I'm just really disappointed, really.

And go ahead, for the blog. Just make sure you credit it haha

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
A good portion of basketball fans are disappointed. But its lebron's career and legacy...and if he feels being wade's "partner in crime/sidekick" is his best chance to get rings. Thats his decision.

werebarret

Reaction score
A good portion of basketball fans are disappointed. But its lebron's career and legacy...and if he feels being wade's "partner in crime/sidekick" is his best chance to get rings. Thats his decision.
I honestly hope he gets none. The Los Angeles Lakers, OKC Thunder, Boston Celtics, San Antonio Spurs, Orlando Magic, and Chicago Bulls are my new favorite teams next year. The whole thing just disgusts me.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
LOL...this is a Mavs fan acting like his parents just told him that they're giving him up for adoption.

Jordan is the greatest of all-time, bigger than the game itself, nobody will ever touch the guy's legacy. At the same time, Jordan was never in Lebron's situation and we don't know what he would of done had he been. Jordan was extended 3 years into his rookie deal and never found himself in any UFA positions, prior to the beginning of the Bulls dynasty. Jordan and the Bulls also lucked out that Pippen, some waterboy at Arkansas State, developed into an All-Star and the prime running mate. The Bulls also lucked out in having some of the best supporting role-shooters to play along with Jordan. After being part of a team that roughed up Jordan, Dennis Rodman was brought in to protect him and play some defense. When most of the league thought Ron Harper's stardom was done, it was Angelo that brought him in to be an All-Star caliber roleplayer.

Moral of the story: Jordan was blessed with the best supporting cast anyone can ask for and even if he was ever in a position to leave (pre-dynasties), why the hell would he? The organization put the perfect team around him and even as players came and gone, they kept the right players with him. I grew up in the height of the Bulls' dynasties and I watched Jordan play more than most people here. All these notions that Jordan won rings by himself are bullsh-t. No 1 person can win rings and I am pretty confident that if you insert Lebron James into those Bulls of the 90's...he'd of brought titles to Chicago too. He wouldn't of done it to the height of Jordan (nobody could) but he'd of been a huge winner with his game.

If Lebron had a supporting cast even similar to what Jordan had around him in the 90's or close to what the Lakers have managed to put around Kobe...the Cavaliers are twice NBA Champions and the guy never leaves. But what's a motherf-cker to do when he's playing on a much less talented team for so long and all the championship hopes and dreams ride on his shoulders and his shoulders alone? Winning that many games per season, solely on his play is an incredible feat and its no wonder the guy flamed out by the end of the season. He's carried an insurmountable amount of pressure for so long, it's a lot for one person to handle, and who the hell are any of you to criticize? Ask yourself if you could handle that kind of pressure? Would you want any longer, had you known you had other (even better) options?

Lebron may very well be opting to be the Scottie Pippen of a new Miami Heat but who am I (or you) to blame him? Give Lebron a Scottie Pippen in Cleveland a few years ago and we aren't having this conversation today. And please, don't waste my time debating how much of a "Scottie Pippen" Mo Williams' bricks or the 3 months spent with Jamison were.

While millions of people criticize him for not wanting to carry a franchise on his back any longer and fail to live up to YOUR expectations, he's in a place that makes him happy. I said it last night: "It's a free country & nobody has broken any laws." Has Lebron not earned the right to take his game to whatever f-cking place on this planet he wants to? Yes, we are fans but he's not leaving the country, he's not leaving the league, he didn't point a gun at a teammate, and he didn't get busted for smuggling pot. STOP treating this guy like a criminal, get over the fact that you're 2004 Cavs' #23 replica is now worthless & get on with your lives.

People keep asking when I'll be done with this topic and my answer remains the same: "After bashing this guy for so long, I'll now continue to defend him for as long as you all try and kick his image around." If Lebron exercising his right to go play in another city makes him a villan, then fine with me, I've always been more of a Venom, Magneto, and Lex Luther kind of guy anyways.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Why do you always have to say things like you said in that first line?

Just wondering...

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Why do you always have to say things like you said in that first line?

Just wondering...
Because I am amazed at how a Dallas Mavericks fan can come across even more bent out of shape about this than a Cavs fan.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Why does he have to be a Cavs fan to be disappointed? Just because he doesn't support the team, he can't feel a certain way? That's just as short-sighted as the "blind hate".

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Why does he have to be a Cavs fan to be disappointed? Just because he doesn't support the team, he can't feel a certain way? That's just as short-sighted as the "blind hate".
C'mon Baggs...there's "disappointed"...and there's that entire first post above.

werebarret

Reaction score
My expectations? They're his expectations. He's the self-proclaimed King, and he hasn't won anything. He's said he wants to touch Jordan, and he does this. He's got the tattoos that say Chosen One and King. I didn't put them there. He says he won't rest until he brings a championship to Cleveland, and then he just leaves. Honestly, I was indifferent about the guy until this. Yeah, he was great, but I never rode his dick like millions constantly do. The point isn't that he's leaving Cleveland. The point is that I just find it unsettling that he can stomach taking the path of least resistance to winning. Yeah, Jordan had great teams around him from 1991 on, but early on, he was consistently beaten down by the Celtics and the Pistons in the Eastern Conference.

The point isn't that he's leaving Cleveland, it's where he's going, and how he left. He's a jackass who made the whole offseason about him, and ended it with embarrassing himself on national television. If he'd went honestly anywhere else, I'd have more respect for him. He doesn't want to beat the best, he wants to join the best. He's taken the old adage "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em", and he's living by it. The bottom line is, he's simply not competitive, and that's just disappointing to me. He's content being a Pippen, and I, along with many others think he should be more than that.

I guess it's just disappointing to me that someone who might be the most talented player to ever play the game is content with being a Pippen.

And the fact that he is a high-profile professional athlete who's constantly in the public eye means that every basketball fan is going to pass judgment on him. Yeah, my opinion might not mean something to LeBron, but I'm still entitled to have it.

werebarret

Reaction score
Because I am amazed at how a Dallas Mavericks fan can come across even more bent out of shape about this than a Cavs fan.
Oh, I'm not a Mavs fan, really. I started rooted for them because I liked watching Dirk and Nash play. I root for individual players in the NBA, not too passionate about teams. I'm just a general basketball fan, really when it comes to the NBA.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
My expectations? They're his expectations. He's the self-proclaimed King, and he hasn't won anything. He's said he wants to touch Jordan, and he does this. He's got the tattoos that say Chosen One and King. I didn't put them there. He says he won't rest until he brings a championship to Cleveland, and then he just leaves. Honestly, I was indifferent about the guy until this. Yeah, he was great, but I never rode his dick like millions constantly do. The point isn't that he's leaving Cleveland. The point is that I just find it unsettling that he can stomach taking the path of least resistance to winning. Yeah, Jordan had great teams around him from 1991 on, but early on, he was consistently beaten down by the Celtics and the Pistons in the Eastern Conference.

The point isn't that he's leaving Cleveland, it's where he's going, and how he left. He's a jackass who made the whole offseason about him, and ended it with embarrassing himself on national television. If he'd went honestly anywhere else, I'd have more respect for him. He doesn't want to beat the best, he wants to join the best. He's taken the old adage "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em", and he's living by it. The bottom line is, he's simply not competitive, and that's just disappointing to me. He's content being a Pippen, and I, along with many others think he should be more than that.

I guess it's just disappointing to me that someone who might be the most talented player to ever play the game is content with being a Pippen.

And the fact that he is a high-profile professional athlete who's constantly in the public eye means that every basketball fan is going to pass judgment on him. Yeah, my opinion might not mean something to LeBron, but I'm still entitled to have it.
The Pistons roughed Jordan's ass up, his first few years, but again...Jordan was never in the position to leave Chicago, so where's the comparison? Even if, we all knew what the Pistons had going was coming to an end and ironically coming to and end at about the start of Jordan's prime.

Have you ever said something in your life and then went back on it? Most people have and even those who claim to have never broke a legit promise have contradicted something they only said because it was "the heat of the moment". So LeBron has tattoos that refer to him as being "King" and being "Chosen One"....and...? Is the guy supposed to have stayed in Cleveland forever b/c of what he has tattooed on his back? Think about the logic behind thinking that.

On one hand, "Lebron is joining the best" and then the other hand, I'm heard all about how the Heat won't win any Championships. Which is it? Lebron played on a "Redeem Team" that allowed him to play with close friends, dominate the floor, play as a team, and win a championship. That's where it all started, his first and only taste of being a Champion at the professional level...and this is what he's looking for in the next 4 years of his NBA career.

Call him a "Pippen" all you want but Scottie's got rings and in the end, when the game has passed you by, those rings are what still count...not what people thought of your career decisions some years ago.

werebarret

Reaction score
The Pistons roughed Jordan's ass up, his first few years, but again...Jordan was never in the position to leave Chicago, so where's the comparison? Even if, we all knew what the Pistons had going was coming to an end and ironically coming to and end at about the start of Jordan's prime.

Have you ever said something in your life and then went back on it? Most people have and even those who claim to have never broke a legit promise have contradicted something they only said because it was "the heat of the moment". So LeBron has tattoos that refer to him as being "King" and being "Chosen One"....and...? Is the guy supposed to have stayed in Cleveland forever b/c of what he has tattooed on his back? Think about the logic behind thinking that.

On one hand, "Lebron is joining the best" and then the other hand, I'm heard all about how the Heat won't win any Championships. Which is it? Lebron played on a "Redeem Team" that allowed him to play with close friends, dominate the floor, play as a team, and win a championship. That's where it all started, his first and only taste of being a Champion at the professional level...and this is what he's looking for in the next 4 years of his NBA career.

Call him a "Pippen" all you want but Scottie's got rings and in the end, when the game has passed you by, those rings are what still count...not what people thought of your career decisions some years ago.
The point that I was trying to make is that it's not like everyone else is heaping these expectations on him. It's him putting these expectations on himself. He's not supposed to stay in Cleveland because of what's on his back. If he wants to live up to what's on his back, he sure as hell doesn't join a team with Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh. He's the one who's made the Jordan comparisons, and everyone else has latched onto that.

And Jordan could have raised hell and gotten traded. He may have not had the opportunity to leave Chicago as a free agent, but if he had wanted to get out, he could have. If a star player raises hell and wants to get the <Censored> out, he gets the <Censored> out.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is if Jordan decides after losing to the Pistons yet again in 1990 that he's going to join, say, the Utah Jazz, and they become the greatest dynasty the NBA's ever seen and win the next six titles, is he still the GOAT? Hell no.

I'm just disappointed as a fan of the game that LeBron, at 25 years old, has decided that he can't win a title as Batman, so he's going to be Robin. He's too young to go ring chasing like this. Hopping on with superstars to win a ring is something you do when you're 35-40. You do it at the very end of your career like Malone and Payton did. When you're 25, it just seems cheap to me. Maybe I'm too interested in his legacy, but I honestly feel like if he wins, say, 2 in Cleveland over the years, it would mean more than 5 in Miami. Jordan didn't win one by himself, but he was clearly The Man, and that's why he's the GOAT.

I guess if LeBron doesn't care about being the GOAT like he's said for years, then it's not a big deal. If he'd rather be a part of a greatest partnership in the history of the game then I guess it's his decision.

I'm just saying that as a fan of the game, it's just disappointing for someone of his talent to do that.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Jordan MADE Pippen. Last time I checked Pippen didnt win anything without Jordan. I feel that Lebron can go wherever he wants, its his happiness not mine. It just irks me that this isnt good for the league. Its like saying that Pujols, Utley, and Hanley were going to sign with the Yankees to win a ring. There is no parody, yea I will here that they havent won anything yet. But are you so naive to think that they arent going to win multiple championships? This is just not fair for the rest of the teams in the league.

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That's exactly where I stand because I'm not looking at this from the POV of being another team's fan, I'm looking at this from a basketball fan POV, as a fan of the game because basketball is one of my first loves.

It's disappointing to see the best of the best come play together, that's now what I want to <Censored>ing see. What I want to see is the best of the best going at each other, that's what makes sports thrive. Now when Lebron/Wade/Bosh win their rings it's going to just be like hey, that's expected because these three guys came together to form a super-team. Where's the competition? The slobber knocking rivalries? Not much else can be expected when three of the top 15/20 players in the league are already on the same team. Watering the competition down just to get a ring? It's so disappointing that this is how they choose to get them.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
There's no set rules or standards on when a championship-less great player should leave his team and go ring chasing. Malone waited until the door was almost shut on his career and guess what...he's got nothing. Would you want to go out the same way?

Let Lebron get his and let's let it go for now. The Miami Heat could end up the most entertaining starting line-up to ever play the game...and they could very well end up the biggest bust of all-time. Either way, we don't know what they are going to do or they will end up playing.

I can understand the disappointment of the fans and I sympathize with Cleveland (except Dan Gilbert) but I just can't feel sorry for those who seem to be disappointed that Lebron will never reach the heights of Michael Jordan. Comparing Jordan to Lebron is the media's fault, it was always an inaccurate and unfair assessment, and obviously comparing Lebron to Jordan to Lebron now is still ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%