Davis To Fire Kiffin

Status
Not open for further replies.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kiffin has been informed by Raiders officials that Al Davis intends to remove him as the team's head coach as early as Monday, FOXSports.com has learned.

Davis blamed Kiffin for the Raiders' 24-23 loss on Sunday to the Bills, and told his underlings that he will make the move on Monday. However, word was leaked out last week in a similar fashion and Kiffin survived. Players reached out to FOXSports.com to express hope that the move would not be made, and with Davis you can never be certain.

Kiffin reportedly has been on bad terms with Davis since shortly after last season. Sources said that when Kiffin informed Davis of coaching changes he wanted to make, the owner actually sent word to those coaches that the head coach was looking to make a move, but that Davis would protect them.

The Raiders opened the 2008 season with a 41-14 loss to the Broncos and former Raiders coach Mike Shanahan, but rebounded from that by beating the Chiefs, 23-8. They took a 16-7 lead into the fourth quarter Sunday against the Bills, but lost on Rian Lindell's 38-yard field goal as time expired.

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Personally I don't like this move. I think Al Davis is a <Censored>ing moron.

eLeMeNOhPe

Reaction score
i think Al Davis might be the least knowledgeable sports person on Earth.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yep, the players are plaing hard for Kiffin. They won against KC and played really good against Buffalo. I dont see how Kiffin expected to do much better.

Everything Turns To Nothing .
Reaction score
Al Davis is mentally retarded. To fire Kiffin after not even 2 seasons is ridiculous, and to fire him not even mid-season is even more ridiculous. What does Al want - to win right away? Not possible, they're too young. Given time, they will be a good team..

My opinion, Davis should let Kiffin stay til atleast the end of the season. They're not going to win <Censored> this year any way.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, to make Millen look like a genius is REALLY hard.

Still, dumb move here by the Raiders front office.

vikesfan

Reaction score
Yeah, to make Millen look like a genius is REALLY hard.

Still, dumb move here by the Raiders front office.
I know, just made the comment cuz of all you detroit lions fans out there :p

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Al Davis is worthless now.
why cant he retire and enjoy himself

K.G

Reaction score
I dont think firing Kiffin is a bad move. This team is in a transition period to become a better team. Russell, McFadden, Javon, Deangelo. They need an agressive coach, not a conservative one. However I do agree that Al Davis is too old and just need to go chill out.

retry_1

Reaction score
davis is just mad because they've been trying for the winless season every year, and kiffin actually wins a game or two every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%