David Stern promises 'substantial sanctions' for Spurs resting their stars

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I'd like it if he wasn't so rude to the reporters themselves. They're not the ones who decided to start doing these interviews he doesn't like. To me, the way he treats them is like if I was to be rude to a delivery driver for a pizza that was obviously fucked up by the cook. Know what I mean?
You always complain to the driver if your pizza is messed up, it's what you do.

On topic, there is a reason Pop and Doc Rivers are regarded as the two best active coaches in the NBA. On a team with age, they know how to manage their players. Celtics have 3 starters at age 35+ (Terry, Pierce, Garnett). Spurs have two (Duncan, Manu), but Parker is 30 and has a lot of miles.

If you look at the other competition in the league, it's filled with youth and/or speed. OKC, NYK, MEM, MIA, etc. If the aging stars are tired ik the playoffs when they face these teams, they stand almost no shot. The key is to rest them early in the year, so they are ready for the later portion of the season.

Last year at ASW, Boston had a losing record. Doc was prioritizing his team for the latter portion of the season, and I'd say it works (got to Game 7 of ECF).

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Plus, if anyone remembers this, this isn't Pop's 1st time doing this. Yet nobody thought it was fine worthy before

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%