Cowboys want Ray Lewis

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
An article in the Baltimore Sun suggests that the Dallas Cowboys are very interested in retaining the services of Ray Lewis, should he opt to become a free agent.

Speculation is that the Cowboys are willing to give Lewis a 3-year deal in the $27-$30 million range. Jerry Jones sees his Cowboys as a major Super Bowl contender next season and its no secret the wonders an emotional leader such as Lewis could provide inside the Cowboys' locker room.

Lewis heads into 2009 with 1 year remaining on his deal with the Ravens. The Ravens are said to be ready for a negotiation process with Lewis, following the Super Bowl, but yet you have to wonder if the intrigue of playing Dallas stands a change at mixing his desires to finish out his career in Baltimore?

The Sporting News is also reporting this story and it seems to be gaining heat. -AE

Macken

GFX Crew Capt
Reaction score
add another convict to there roster.. ray lewis is the ravens and i would hate to see him go anywhere

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
add another convict to there roster.. ray lewis is the ravens and i would hate to see him go anywhere
I'm in the same boat. I love Ray Lewis and it would crush me, as a fan of the game, to see him end up in Dallas. I would end up losing a ton of respect for him. He is the Ravens, the Ravens know it, and they will pay him plenty.

The only way he leaves Baltimore is if he sees his chances at another Championship that much better in Dallas...which I dont.

wade3

The T.O of SI
Reaction score
Before anything, my Boys NEED to resign Ware more than anything. After that, if they want to chase after Ray-Ray, thats awesome i'd love that.

NjNets15

@SeanDugan2
Reaction score
I want a million dollars instantly.. i still doubt that its going to happen

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I want a million dollars instantly.. i still doubt that its going to happen
Yes...and I still want to do 2 chicks at the same time.

But that might happen...should I sell my wife on the idea.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Ray-Ray isn`t going anywhere. Baltimore is where he belongs, and that`s where he will stay.

Dom

Reaction score
I am an Eagles fan. I would definitely not like this..

Dice-J

Make Animal Cruelty a Felony!
Reaction score
I hope he don't go. He's become one of my favorite players playin in Baltimore. Don't go to one of the most hated teams.

eLeMeNOhPe

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. I love Ray Lewis and it would crush me, as a fan of the game, to see him end up in Dallas. I would end up losing a ton of respect for him. He is the Ravens, the Ravens know it, and they will pay him plenty.

The only way he leaves Baltimore is if he sees his chances at another Championship that much better in Dallas...which I dont.
He had a better chance in Baltimore this year, and you have to think next year they would be better as Flacco will be in his 2nd year, knowing what to expect in the season and playoffs.

NjNets15

@SeanDugan2
Reaction score
I say this probably because Im a jets fan but i think it makes sense, if hes going anywhere its the Jets cuz hed stay with Rex Ryan, thats like the only other possibility besides the ravens

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
A little update on Ray Lewis' future with the Ravens:

Baltimore Sun said:
For the second time in a year, Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti has played his hand way too early in the coming negotiations with middle linebacker Ray Lewis, who just completed the final season of a six-year contract. In March, Bisciotti said he expected the Ravens to outbid other teams for the services of Lewis. And Wednesday, Bisciotti said he didn't foresee the Ravens using the franchise tag on Lewis. That was interesting because Newsome, in preliminary talks before the season started, has already let Lewis' side know the general manager could use the designation on Lewis. It's the trump card the Ravens don't want to play, but it's nice to have that ace up their sleeve. Fortunately, Bisciotti has said Newsome will handle the negotiations, which could begin as early as next week, when the Ravens start their player-evaluation meetings. - Baltimore Sun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%