Cousins named top SL rookie

Status
Not open for further replies.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
LAS VEGAS — John Wall who?

The top pick apparently wasn’t Summer League’s best rookie despite leading the circuit in assists (7.8) and being tied for the scoring lead (23.5) going into Sunday. That honor goes to DeMarcus Cousins.

The fifth selection by Sacramento was awarded the T-Mobile Rookie of the Month award for July, receiving the glass trophy before the Kings played Dallas in the last game at COX Pavilion.
Complete Summer League coverage on NBA.com
Prior to Sacrament’s finals, Cousins led the league in rebounding at 10.6 and was averaging 16.2 points in five games. He’s been a force through Summer League, giving Sacramento an intimidating presence in the paint.

Wall, though, easily made the biggest impact of any of the rookie. Washington’s also prized playmaker played under the brightest spotlight.

Cousins’ selection as top rookie over Wall comes off as somewhat curious. Perhaps the fact that the Wizards left yesterday tipped the scales in Cousins’ favor. Can’t have a trophy presentation without someone to present it to.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lol, did you even read this snippet? It basically denounces Cousins' winning of the "award".

ZigZag

TEH GREAT ZIGGY
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Truue I can't wait to see him and Reke f/cking mob on people

VC15

Reaction score
Horrid FG% and can't defend agile big men to save his life. Bust written all over him.

kdogg

The original #SpartanDawg
Reaction score
Lol Not hating but the last sentence of that article kind of says it all.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Horrid FG% and can't defend agile big men to save his life. Bust written all over him.
He's named top SL rookie but he has bust written all over him? You're a f-cking idiot.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think Wall took the MVP thing or whatever you call it..

John Wall took home top honors as Most Outstanding Player in Las Vegas after leading all players in scoring (23.5 ppg) and assists (7.8 apg).

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Have fun with Eddy Curry part II. <3
But if he had gone to the Nets he would be a future HOF. You can't call him a bust after winning top SL rookie, that's just retarded. I really don't give a f-ck about his shooting percentage right now, as long as he's getting better. Just summer league.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
14.5/9.8/1.5/1.2
Points/Rebs/Steals/Blocks

Not bad IMO, even on 33% shooting.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Idk know about others, but I would be very excited to have DMC on my squad.

He's young and has room to improve

Him and Reke will form a very formidable duo for years

VC15

Reaction score
But if he had gone to the Nets he would be a future HOF. You can't call him a bust after winning top SL rookie, that's just retarded. I really don't give a f-ck about his shooting percentage right now, as long as he's getting better. Just summer league.
Not really. Cousins would rot on the bench here behind Brook, especially with Avery who demands players who can actually play defense. We already have a top 5 center in the league that will anchor our team for the next decade. And given his horrid overall showing in the summer league, shows why four other teams passed on him. And if SL isn't important to you, then why even post this article here?

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Horrid showing?!?!? He won f-cking top SL rookie you dumbass lol

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rookie power forward/center DeMarcus Cousins(notes) continues to turn heads at the NBA’s Las Vegas Summer League, receiving praise from the Kings and opponents alike.

"Unlimited potential," Pistons president Joe Dumars told The Sacramento Bee. "I love everything about DeMarcus. He has great hands, great feet, terrific instincts."

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
To be fair, Adam Morrison tore up summer league. It means nothing.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
greg its SUMMER LEAGUE. high lottery picks should do good. this is pretty much to get lottery picks used to a different paced game and get unsigned rookies camp invites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%