Could HEAT Move Michael Beasley?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
Hoopsworld said:
When Miami HEAT president Pat Riley have his closing remarks on the 2008-09 season recently, there were many who interpreted what he said to mean that Michael Beasley would be traded this summer. Riley recently took a moment to clarify his meaning in a radio interview on 790 AM The Ticket in Miami.

"Michael is our future, however, we're continuing to look to build this team as quickly as we can. I think in any situation with almost any player, probably with the exception of Dwyane Wade, if the right situation came along, we would do something. But I have no plans, we are not shopping him, we're looking to develop him and hope that he's going to be a vital force for us for a long time."

The issue, of course, is whether or not trading Beasley gets you one step closer to keeping Dwyane Wade. The HEAT franchise are stuck in a kind of limbo, with a superstar who's in his prime in Wade, one who is towards the end of his prime in Jermaine O'Neal, and then a whole stable of players with immense future potential. Now the challenge will be to convince Wade that his young teammates will mature quickly enough to be contenders again before Wade himself it too old to lead them. Riley is well aware that he has a young team that needs to grow up quickly.

"I think every player takes a step forward. We have four very young players and they're at different levels of maturity. Michael is basically just out of high school, had one year of college, Daequan Cook should be a sophomore or junior in college, Mario Chalmers is a young player, we drafted Dorell Wright when he was 18 years old, so we do have a number of young players who are in the rotation or who play a lot."
http://www.hoopsworld.com/HeadlineStories....amp;hd=20090513

Is it me or does hoopsworld loves making fans scared for a little second, I read the title and I was WTF. Lol. Good Patty, Don't trade B-easy

PiStoL31PeTe

Baller For Life
Reaction score
well obviously they got a young team but it would be stupid for them to get rid of beasley, he's gonna be a beat next year.

Crunkbuc4d1

Reaction score
Taking Beasley over Mayo was a big mistake by the Heat. For some reason I don't think Beasley will become the player some ppl think he will. He seems like the kind of guy who would be a great 6th man, but leave you kicking yourself for starting him. Mayo at the point with Wade at the two would've been beastly next year with a Boozer signing in the offseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%