Conspiracy Theory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NjNets15

@SeanDugan2
Reaction score
The Ravens Patriots game brought up MANY questionable calls, each one if taken away would have lead to a Ravens win. Does the NFL want the Patriots to win?

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Right calls were made. I don't understand why everyone hates the Patriots, just because they win. I know everyone in the 2001 Super Bowl was cheering for them as underdogs with the unknown players to beat the Greatest show on Turf and they did so. Now everyone hates them because they are getting tired of them winning.

Patriots didn't play there best game last night, but hey, a wins a win. Every game has controversial calls, no need to look at this games controversial calls over another games.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I highly doubt there is a conspiracy theory or anything like that just bad calls by the refs in crucial moments. Just sad to see a game go like that.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
people hate them cuz they were stealing plays/signs....

funny thing is since it was brought up, the games aren't so much blow outs anymore

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The stealing signs was only for one game, and it wouldn't have mattered anyway.

Anyways, if the Patriots beat the Steelers, it comes down to the last week to see if the Patriots lose, because the Dolphins and Jets don't stand a chance.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
it wasn't for one game --- it was something that was always happening, but no one ever called them on it... until the NYJ..

if it was for only 1 game, there wouldn't have been such a big deal about it, including the fine..

NjNets15

@SeanDugan2
Reaction score
The stealing signs was only for one game, and it wouldn't have mattered anyway.

Anyways, if the Patriots beat the Steelers, it comes down to the last week to see if the Patriots lose, because the Dolphins and Jets don't stand a chance.
Umm, no it wasn't it was found out after the Jet game but they were talking about the patriots doing it for a long time

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
lol that'll happen the day I dance naked on the whitehouse lawn.
And no they have blown teams out a lot since that incident just the last two games haven't.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I hate the Patriots for several reasons. 1 they always win and people love to love the team that always wins. But the bigger reason is because I think they have no class they are always taunting the other team and running up the score and making gestures to the coaches on the other team and spiking the ball on the other teams' logo...thats why I really don't like them.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I hate the Patriots for several reasons. 1 they always win and people love to love the team that always wins. But the bigger reason is because I think they have no class they are always taunting the other team and running up the score and making gestures to the coaches on the other team and spiking the ball on the other teams' logo...thats why I really don't like them.
If people love to see a team always win why do you always hear the phrase, cheer for the underdog. And if everyone likes to see a team win all the time, why did the ESPN poll they just showed show that 57% of the people in the United States who voted on ESPN.com, want to see the Patriots not go undefeated.

I don't love the Patriots but I like them btw. I mean we are talking about the greatest dynasty possibly in NFL history. Possibly the greatest coach and the greatest clutch QB of all-time to. Yet everyone wants to talk about the taunting, etc.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
I don't think they've been running up the score that much. I played a high school Bball game once and we TORE APART the other team. The other team's coach got mad at us because we started to purposely turn the ball over and miss shots. He said play your best thats how the other team learns to play better against you next time and learn from their mistakes to become a better team.
I know it aint HS but for rookies and young players it does make a difference.

NjNets15

@SeanDugan2
Reaction score
The game plan to beat the patriots is now laid out, you basically just have to run it down their throats and not let Tom Brady on the field.. If you can get 4 yards per play, you will win every game. I have good reason to believe that the Jets could beat the Patriots in a few weeks when they play, because the Jets have Thomas Brown, Leon Washington and a lot of trick plays that could mess up the Patriots defense.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The game plan to beat the patriots is now laid out, you basically just have to run it down their throats and not let Tom Brady on the field.. If you can get 4 yards per play, you will win every game. I have good reason to believe that the Jets could beat the Patriots in a few weeks when they play, because the Jets have Thomas Brown, Leon Washington and a lot of trick plays that could mess up the Patriots defense.
i think you mean Thomas Jones.. but Jets have less of a chance due to their weak OL -- Baltimore's OL is tough. Pittsburgh probably has best shot, but it'll be tough since it's in New England

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I have good reason to believe that the Jets could beat the Patriots in a few weeks when they play, because the Jets have Thomas Brown, Leon Washington and a lot of trick plays that could mess up the Patriots defense.
A lot of the trickery comes from the Patriots...how long was "Mangenius" offensive coordinator of the Pats? Sure he may have some new tricks up his sleeve but it's hard to believe that he has a whole new set of plays for this.

Onto last night...yes there were a lot of weird calls. But, frankly, they were nothing that showed this "consipracy" that the Ravens, and whoever else was saying it, is actually true. The timeout thing is a common occurrence. You have no idea who the hell is screaming in the back of your ear. And if the refs hadn't called the timeout and the Pats happened to make the 1 yard, you know for sure you would hear an earful from the Ravens about that. The TD could have gone either way. I don't think there was enough on the video to be able to reverse the call, either way. So if it was ruled incomplete, I think it would not have been overturned because of that. And on the last play, it would take a fool not to realize the blatant offensive pass interference

Also, I'm sorry, but Brant Scott deserved both his penalties. He overreacted and had to pay the price. The excuse they used was an absolute joke: "The ref was callin Samari Rolle a boy". Give me a break, that doesn't excuse the original penalty or the fact that he threw the penalty flag into the stands. Grow up man.

ZigZag

TEH GREAT ZIGGY
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i think you mean Thomas Jones.. but Jets have less of a chance due to their weak OL -- Baltimore's OL is tough. Pittsburgh probably has best shot, but it'll be tough since it's in New England
Pitts has an advantage though, they've played in even worse conditions the last two games than what the forecast calls for on Sunday, and the Patriots haven't faced any bad weather yet.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Oh and I also think it was low of the ref to call Rolle a "boy," it reminds me of the Milton Bradley incident where the ump was blasting Bradley and that ump got suspended.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
funny thing is .. you don't hear what Rolle called him before he said "boy"... can't wait to hear the ref's side of the story on this.. cuz you know it was a whole lot more involved then what Rolle is letting on to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%