Concussed Savard deals with memory loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gibson39

Reaction score
According to an ESPN report, Bruins centre Marc Savard's concussion problems are not going away.

The story has an anonymous source saying that Savard is having "real memory problems and he's quite worried about it."

Savard last played in a game on January 22 in Colorado when he was concussed on a hit by Avalanche defenceman and ex-teammate Matt Hunwick which sent him crashing into the boards head-first. He was placed on long term injury reserve shortly after.

At that time, Savard was not sure when he would be able to return.

"I'm not going to make any decision about my future until I get some more medical stuff done. I've just got to be patient going forward," he said in the ESPN report. "My agent talked to me a lot, and he gave me time to think about a lot of things. It's going to be tough, especially watching them play."

The 33-year-old has suffered two concussions in less than a year. Savard also sustained a Grade 2 concussion on a blind-side hit by Pittsburgh's Matt Cooke on March 7, 2010. He missed the final 18 regular season games and didn't return from that injury until Game 1 of the second round of the playoffs. He missed the first 23 games of this season dealing with post concussion symptoms.

Savard said his symptoms include being sleepy all the time, and explaining that things seem to move slower now.
He has two goals and eight assists in 25 games this season for the Bruins
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=359766

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Sad to see that his career is most likely over. He was such an underrated player.

LeafsFan4Life

Reaction score
For about the last 4 years he has been talked about as one of the best passers in the league and considered to be a hart candidate. Not underrated.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Everyone considers him to be underrated. He scores 88 points and is not even considered for the Olympic team.

LeafsFan4Life

Reaction score
Everyone? I haven't heard anyone say he is underrated in years because he isn't. If he was underrated he wouldn't be called one of the best passers in the league and a Hart Trophy candidate.

If he is underrated then he is the most overrated underrated player because you hear about how good he is all the time.

LeafsFan4Life

Reaction score
Yet you fail to recognize the Canada thing....
Many players got snubbed. Doesn't mean they are underrated. They can only bring a certain number of players. They felt the players that were snubbed weren't a good fit and it looks like they made the right choice.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Quit arguing over whether he is underrated or not [he is]. The dude's life will never be the same because Matt Cooke is a fucking asshole.

H-MYK

Reaction score
When you're dealing with memory loss after concussions, it can't be good. I think Savard should consider retirement and I think the NHL should get tough on blind-side hits.

tuukka87

Reaction score
When you're dealing with memory loss after concussions, it can't be good. I think Savard should consider retirement and I think the NHL should get tough on blind-side hits.
savard will be in boston for the confrence finals !

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Not for playing man....he's gonna be visiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%