Colt Brennan

Status
Not open for further replies.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Do you ever say anything positive about a player not on your team?

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
he is talented, the main reason he lasted till the 6th was his size/weight. as skinny as he is, it is thought that he may have durability issues. another rookie who had a good performance was mike hart of the colts, he rushed against the 2nd, and third string defenses, and had 4 carries for 53 yards.
No, the main reason he was drafted so late is because he played in a system that seriously inflated his stats and nobody thought he'd be a good QB. One game doesn't change that, let alone one preseason game. Colt Brennan will NEVER be an everyday starter in the NFL.

retry_1

Reaction score
I like this deal a lot for us. Gardner is usually over matched by major league fastballs, and Nady has been a top hitter in the league all season. Cashman finally made the trade that can possibly bring us to the next level and take back the AL East.

No they don't, the Colts defense is average at best when healthy, and with Dwight Freeney out, it's mediocre.
colts were 3rd in scoring defense last year. and that was with freeny and mathis hurt for the end of the season.

northtexasisrockdoo

Reaction score
No, the main reason he was drafted so late is because he played in a system that seriously inflated his stats and nobody thought he'd be a good QB. One game doesn't change that, let alone one preseason game. Colt Brennan will NEVER be an everyday starter in the NFL.
I agree completely. I never thought he was good, I just thought he had good receivers, and then I just realized that the rest of their schedule is not that tough. I knew he would not be a starter, but a pretty good back-up.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If hes not good, why would he be a pretty good backup in the NFL?

Grandy28

Victory!!!!
Reaction score
I hope all the best for Colt Brennan, one of my favorite rookies.

Watching over the link that greg posted the 1st pass was a little under thrown. The 1st touchdown pass was nice though. Pass over the middle easily could've been intercepted. 2nd touchdown pass was blah, nice awareness to get out of the pocket, but the defender didn't play the running back good. Good numbers though..

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score
OK, I said that this didn't prove anything, but I deff don't agree with the people who are saying he will never be a starting (everyday) quarterback in the NFL. How the hell do you guys <Censored>ing know? I doubt you guys even know him or have seen him practice personally. You can't say never for something like this. Just because he doesn't have size, doesn't mean he can't be good in the NFL. Is he THAT much different than Drew Brees' size? All he has to do is lift more weights and he'll be fine. He obviously has the potential, he just needs to prove he can do it in bigger games.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
How do you "obviously" know how much potential he has? Have you gone ten years into the future and seen how he's turned out?

Look at what he did versus Georgia in the Sugar Bowl. That's just a college defense. In the NFL against a first string defense he'd be annihilated, case closed.

northtexasisrockdoo

Reaction score
If hes not good, why would he be a pretty good backup in the NFL?
What I meant was that he is just not good enough for a strating position. He would be a great guy to come in late in games, but just not start them.

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score
How do you "obviously" know how much potential he has? Have you gone ten years into the future and seen how he's turned out?

Look at what he did versus Georgia in the Sugar Bowl. That's just a college defense. In the NFL against a first string defense he'd be annihilated, case closed.
Noo, when did I ever say that he WOULD be an everyday starting quarterback. I just know that you still have to give him a chance. You're talking as if it were impossible for this kid to adapt to the NFL level. We're just talking about football, IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING. (lol, I had to add that last part in)

Grandy28

Victory!!!!
Reaction score
What I meant was that he is just not good enough for a strating position. He would be a great guy to come in late in games, but just not start them.
lol this isn't baseball. A quarterback doesn't come in at the end of the game to close it out.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Colt Brennen has a golden arm but their are 2 big knocks on him when looking at his Collegiate career in perspective.

The first major issue is that he ran nothing but a spread offense during his days at Hawaii. The spread offense doesn't work in the NFL & no team uses it. Steve Spurrier ran a borderline spread offense with Washington & look how that turned out.

The 2nd major issue is that he played in the WAC. What's the calibur of Defense in the Western Athletic Conference? Is their a huge jump from passing against WAC defenses and NFL defenses?

You best believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%