Colt Brennan

Status
Not open for further replies.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I know its just preseason, but Wow! I don't know his exact stats but I did see two TD's and some amazind throws. That throw to the TE over his head falling right into his hands. That was an amazing pass. Same with his first TD pass. I think he can become an NFL starter in this league even though he was only a 6th round pick. What do you guys think?

-Hova

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think he owns but come on, its preseason and the HOF Game, he'll have to show that he can do that if he ever gets time to play during the season

NjNets15

@SeanDugan2
Reaction score
I don't expect much from him, you all saw what happened when he played a real team in georgia, NOTHING

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score
Its called a third string defense. :smile:

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I dont care if he is playing against the third string defense of a high school football team. A few of those passes were amazing.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
You're way to excited, he was playing against the Colts, one of the worst defenses, and it was their THIRD STRING! Brennan is nothing special, he's just a player who had his college stats inflated by the system he played in and the competition he played against.

Grandy28

Victory!!!!
Reaction score
You're way to excited, he was playing against the Colts, one of the worst defenses, and it was their THIRD STRING! Brennan is nothing special, he's just a player who had his college stats inflated by the system he played in and the competition he played against.
Colts have a good defense, but it was the 3rd string and it's preseason.

eLeMeNOhPe

Reaction score
well you start vs. the 3rd string, then when they see you do good, you move up, that's how these things work.

point is, no one has ANY idea what ANYONE is going to do. it happens all the time, guys are drafted late, and they turn into gems. guys drafted early bust. i don't know why people just don't get it by now. he played 1 bad game his whole college career, and all the sudden he is the worst QB ever, and he'll never see the light of day? come on.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well to be fair, Brennan was also throwing passes to a 3rd team offense, and was only getting protection on the offensive line from a 3rd string offense...

Even though like most of you I don't believe it shows much, and I don't believe Brennan will be anything in this league, with his funky mechanics, but who knows.

n9ne-uzi

Reaction score
Brennan played good with a 3rd string OLine, 3rd string WR, 3rd string RB(he played really good) against a 3rd string D. So doesn't that even anything out???

yezzir

Reaction score
Brennan played good with a 3rd string OLine, 3rd string WR, 3rd string RB(he played really good) against a 3rd string D. So doesn't that even anything out???
That just means the stats he received were well deserved. Doesn't mean he has what it takes to be first string though.

NjNets15

@SeanDugan2
Reaction score
Guys regardless of who he was going up against, the passes were impressive, im not the biggest fan of his but he hit all those guys perfectly

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well hes a rookie, hes not expected to have what it takes to be a 1st string QB yet...

yezzir

Reaction score
I know I know, it's just other people have been telling me that he'll be starting in no time. I just don't see that happening.

yezzir

Reaction score
I will admit, those are really good highlights. We'll see if he can keep it up.

n9ne-uzi

Reaction score
If he plays like that against a 1st string.....he will be a starter. Or if Jason Campbell has an injury or he doesn't play that well.

.loggie

Reaction score
he looked like Brett Favre on that pass to the TE. i dont think he'll be a starter for Washington but i do believe that he could be a starter one day in his career.

retry_1

Reaction score
he is talented, the main reason he lasted till the 6th was his size/weight. as skinny as he is, it is thought that he may have durability issues. another rookie who had a good performance was mike hart of the colts, he rushed against the 2nd, and third string defenses, and had 4 carries for 53 yards.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Colts have a good defense, but it was the 3rd string and it's preseason.
No they don't, the Colts defense is average at best when healthy, and with Dwight Freeney out, it's mediocre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%