Status
Not open for further replies.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Colston hands down. White gets the yards because Ryan stares him down all the time. I do give White credit though for bringing those floaters in, but at this point in their careers, Colston is the more productive all around player.

Colston has played 23 less games than white, but only has 15 less catches. Check above.

How many times do we see White push off to make a catch? its unbelievable he doesn't get flagged more. Colston has more TDs and he is putting these numbers up on a team that spreads the ball around A LOT. White gets a lot more looks. Like already mentioned, Matty Ice stares him down.

A Falcon who drops touchdown passes vs a money, sure handed saint.

Colston bascially played in like 9 games I wouldn't count his first game back at Carolina he was rusty and benched, he still got 700+ in like nine games that not bad, imagine if he was healthy this year there is no way he isn't the leading recevier in the NFL this season.

They are different WR's. Colston is a possesion guy, White is a game changer. It's a very close arguement. If I'm talking right now, I take Colston. If White has another year like '08, I take him.
just a couple statements.

and just to add to the white targets...88 of ryans 265 completions went to white. that doesn't include the drops and the fact that white was 3rd in the nfc in passes not caught this season when targeted, 60. so basically ryan averaged 17 completions per game this season, 35 percent of those completions went to white. again, that does not include the dropped or not caught passes. drew averaged 26 completions per game this season, but yet only 15 percent went to colston. something seems a little odd about that?

i might be a little biased, but everything i have said in this thread is a fact and i've gained this information from 17 weeks of film study of the saints and falcons.

the fact is, if you put colston in whites position he is putting up numbers the nfl has never seen.

Dom

Reaction score
White has better breakaway speed, but colson has better hands. I'll take the speed and White.

bballer13333

Reaction score
I dont think you can look to deeply into stats because well...Drew Brees vs. Chris Redman, Joey Harrington, Vick, whoever else...Come on of course Colston should have better numbers with a top 3 passer in the league throwing to him.

I think Roddy is the better WR because he can seperate from the defense and run routes crisper then Colston can. And finally he got a decent QB to throw him the ball and he had a huge year, thats no coincidence.

Colston uses more of his size advantage to get his numbers, compared to Roddy having to use speed, precise routes, and faking out defenders.

Roddy is the more talented WR IMO.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
White has better breakaway speed, but colson has better hands. I'll take the speed and White.
that would be why jim haslett is jobless right now. but idk, i think colston is just as fast as white.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This is like comparing oranges to grapefruit. Yes, they are both WR's...but they are 2 different types.

In Colston, you've got the bigger, more physical, possession-type...and White is more of the speedy, downfield threat.

So it really depends on what type of offense and who's playing across the field from you.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This is like comparing oranges to grapefruit. Yes, they are both WR's...but they are 2 different types.

In Colston, you've got the bigger, more physical, possession-type...and White is more of the speedy, downfield threat.

So it really depends on what type of offense and who's playing across the field from you.
that is my point in this thread, most people think colston is just a physical possession type reciever, which he is...but at the same time he is every bit as athletic and has just as much speed as white.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
that is my point in this thread, most people think colston is just a physical possession type reciever, which he is...but at the same time he is every bit as athletic and has just as much speed as white.
I would actually be willing to bet Roddy White gets down-field faster than Colston.

Dice-J

Make Animal Cruelty a Felony!
Reaction score
Look at the way he played this season with a broken finger. Hes got better hands, YAC. White is faster and runs routes better, but Colston has had one of the best first 2 years ever. Wait until he gets even older, he'll be a BEAST

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Look at the way he played this season with a broken finger. Hes got better hands, YAC. White is faster and runs routes better, but Colston has had one of the best first 2 years ever. Wait until he gets even older, he'll be a BEAST
you have to give the routes to colston...have you ever seen white run a route? he is VERY inconsistent at it. colston on the other hand always runs sharp, crisp, fast routes.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dude...he had 6 starts all season. Injuries cut most of his playing time into a 3rd.

How does that translate into a great season?

dlc7619

Reaction score
Take both of them . Two different styles of players and can confuse the DEfense in different ways. Both are good players for their teams and help out the way they can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%