Charlie Villanueva vs. Kevin Garnett

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dude the guy has a terrible skin condition. Does anyone else in the NBA have to deal with what he has to?
Sure worse things have been said perhaps, but those guys who received the trash talk don't have the disease he has.

Kevin Garnett mocked his disease, and cancer patients everywhere. This is one of the most distasteful things I've ever heard in my life.

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You guys must be joking. So because they're men it's okay? Just because he looks like one and that worse things have been said it's okay? Just because it's sports it's okay? So just because it happens, it's okay and nothing should be done about it? Just because it is what it is, there shouldn't be anything done about it?

This attitude of "we're <Censored>ing men grow a <Censored>ing d1ck" "that's just how it is in sports" etc. needs to <Censored>ing stop because you know damned well these type of attitudes extend far beyond the basketball courts. You guys keep citing Larry Bird and how it was back in the day... guess what, there's a reason the NBA has been enforcing these new rules when it comes to these type of things over the years it's because of all the flak it's been catching from society.

Look, I'm not opposed to trash talking, it is part of the game and when done right it could really sting, but a lot of the time it could be done w/out the slander of making fun of serious topics like cancer and its victims.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You guys must be joking. So because they're men it's okay? Just because he looks like one and that worse things have been said it's okay? Just because it's sports it's okay? So just because it happens, it's okay and nothing should be done about it? Just because it is what it is, there shouldn't be anything done about it?

This attitude of "we're <Censored>ing men grow a <Censored>ing d1ck" "that's just how it is in sports" etc. needs to <Censored>ing stop because you know damned well these type of attitudes extend far beyond the basketball courts. You guys keep citing Larry Bird and how it was back in the day... guess what, there's a reason the NBA has been enforcing these new rules when it comes to these type of things over the years it's because of all the flak it's been catching from society.

Look, I'm not opposed to trash talking, it is part of the game and when done right it could really sting, but a lot of the time it could be done w/out the slander of making fun of serious topics like cancer and its victims.
Thank you.
It's seriously mind boggling to think that some people don't see this as a big deal.

Reaction score

Lake Louise

Reaction score
The part that irritates me the most is that Charlie V is getting some of the blame, because he posted it on Twitter. Not that I think he should of posted in on Twitter, but to try and turn it around on him is absolute bull<Censored>. Garnett is an asshole, and Charlie V didn't like him making fun of him, for his skin disease, and even if that's not exactly what he said. Garnett still acknowledged that he used the word cancer. That's not something you just throw around Garnett. Yeah sure, let's compare someone to a disease that kills people. Great idea. It's disgusting that some people are trying to make it Charlie V's fault. Charlie V is a great guy. Garnett is an asshole who acts tough when he's really just a punk.

I like trash talking. I do it. Lots of people do, but this is crossing a line. In a way, this is a form of bullying, and I hear a lot of stuff about people wanting to stop bullying, in schools, and whatnot. So, if it happens in schools, it's bad, but if it happens in sports, it's okay? To turn it on Charlie V, who would be the victim of the bully, means that those who get bullied, it's their fault. They must of asked for it. I hate how people are sometimes.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
This really isnt a big deal at all and you guys are trying to make this a big deal. It was during a basketball game, <Censored> gets said that shouldnt be said, get over it. Charlie V is a grown ass man and he doesnt need to bring this to the media's attention to get his point across. You go to KG like a real man and settle your differences. But to do it through the media is being a <Censored>. Yea, KG said some ###### up <Censored>, so do something about it. Dont post that <Censored> on twitter so that everyone can see it.

Ive said worse <Censored> that Ive regretted saying and worse <Censored> has been said to me. You just deal with it and move on. Society as a whole has become so sensitive and touchy that nothing can be said anymore because it will offend someone out there. Well thats life, you can either do something about it or complain and do nothing. What KG said was awful and he should apologize to cancer patients everywhere and thats the end of it.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't see why Charlie V telling the media isn't okay......?

KG should be exposed for what he said. That was one of the most ###### up things I've ever heard.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I don't see why Charlie V telling the media isn't okay......?

KG should be exposed for what he said. That was one of the most ###### up things I've ever heard.
Its like being a snitch. Saying something that you know shouldnt be brought up. My grandparents both died of cancer and this doesnt offend me at all. It just doesnt, words have never been that critical to a point where they affect me unless it comes from someone who I love. KG is some dumbass dude who has gotten a big head since he joined a team with great success. What can you really do about ignorant people like this? Nothing..... People rarely change. Its life, thats how a lot of people are, they say stupid <Censored> that they know nothing about. Alright Im done with this topic because Ive said what I wanted to. Interesting reading others opinions on it though.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Its like being a snitch. Saying something that you know shouldnt be brought up. My grandparents both died of cancer and this doesnt offend me at all. It just doesnt, words have never been that critical to a point where they affect me unless it comes from someone who I love. KG is some dumbass dude who has gotten a big head since he joined a team with great success. What can you really do about ignorant people like this? Nothing..... People rarely change. Its life, thats how a lot of people are, they say stupid <Censored> that they know nothing about. Alright Im done with this topic because Ive said what I wanted to. Interesting reading others opinions on it though.
The thing is he said it to a guy who has a skin disease.
Imagine all the <Censored> Charlie has heard in his life, he probably has been verbally abused for years. And what KG said is something that probably really strung a cord with Charlie. Like that is just awful, it's probably one of the worst ridicules Charlie has ever heard to be honest. You got to put yourself in Charlie's shoes for this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%