Charlie Villanueva vs. Kevin Garnett

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Kevin Garnett is known for trash-talking, and every now and then he rubs someone the wrong way, in a big way. Such is the case now.

Chris Iott of Michigan Live reports:

The Detroit Pistons’ Charlie Villanueva and Boston Celtics’ Kevin Garnett were whistled for technical fouls at the same point in the third quarter of Tuesday night’s game.

Villanueva Twitter quotes from after midnight Tuesday night

First: “KG talks a lot of crap, he’s prob never been in a fight, I would love to get in a ring with him, I will expose him.”

Then: “KG called me a cancer patient. I’m pissed because, u know how many people died from cancer, and he’s tossing it like it’s a joke.”

And then: “I wouldn’t even trip about that, but a cancer patient, I know way 2 many people who passed away from it, and I have a special place 4 those.”
Garnett's a <Censored>. We all know that, but saying that to Charlie brings him to a new low. Go get em Charlie V! Ha.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
If that's true, I think it's messed up of Garnett to say that. BUT, Garnett would absolutely dominate Villanueva in a fight.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
KG is known to be a loud mouth. I'm not surprised at this at all. I bet he is quite the trash talker on the court.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Charlie V would beat Garnett in a fight. Charlie V is from the hood lol.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Karmas a <Censored>. KG will get whats comin to him sooner or later.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
This is what Garnett supposedly said...

"My comment to (Villanueva) was in fact 'You are cancerous to your team and our league.' I would never be insensitive to the brave struggle that cancer patients endure. I have lost loved ones to this deadly disease and have a family member currently undergoing treatment. I would never say anything that distasteful."
If that is really what he said all I can do is lol, because he along with Gordon are the two best players on our team right now. How is he cancerous...?

Lake Louise

Reaction score
This is what Garnett supposedly said...

"My comment to (Villanueva) was in fact 'You are cancerous to your team and our league.' I would never be insensitive to the brave struggle that cancer patients endure. I have lost loved ones to this deadly disease and have a family member currently undergoing treatment. I would never say anything that distasteful."

If that is really what he said all I can do is lol, because he along with Gordon are the two best players on our team right now. How is he cancerous...?
He's just trying to save his <Censored>. Charlie V told what Garnett said, like the true <Censored> he is. I used to be able to tolerate Garnett, but ever since the Celtics won the title. He has been annoying as hell. Garnett needs to stop "saying" things to try and save himself. That sounds 100% fake.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Garnett isnt exactly from the burbs either.

But KG is soft...Anthony Peeler gave him the KC hands.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
I have always hated Garnett. He is the cockiest player in the NBA and he talks mad <Censored>, usually to the smaller players because he would get his <Censored> wrecked by anyone else.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I remember reading a SLAM article where they had KG, Tmac, and Duncan all in it. And they were all talking mad trash on each other, it was funny...and sad at the same time.

jrscfnk

Reaction score
As insensitive as that comment would be, it's kind of ridiculous to get too upset about in-game trash talk when taken out of context. I'm pretty sure women and gays would be pretty offended by some of the <Censored> that's said during games, but it's a different environment. Not that it makes it entirely okay, and insensitive comments, including comments like that and racial <Censored>, aren't okay, I still think it needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

uwp

Reaction score
KG is known to be a loud mouth. I'm not surprised at this at all. I bet he is quite the trash talker on the court.
It's not a matter of betting, he is lol...

Nothing too surprising here, I bet Charlie-V misunderstood what KG said. We don't know what exactly happened so it would be premature to base any assumptions on Villanueva's accusation. Garnett is an asshole, as we all know, and now it's time to move on..

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
ROFL

"you're cancerous to your team and our league"

KG so didnt say that.

I can understand Charlie misinterpreting it, or maybe KG is lying, but KG's response made me crack up.

he didnt say that. "our league" yeah sure

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
KG was telling the truth and Im never offended by the truth, no matter what it is or who it is. But in this situation KG and Charlie V arent friends and KG wasnt kidding around. KG has become rather annoying since joining a winning team. Unfortunately, Charlie V has a skin condition where he cant grow hair, so it is kind of messed up that he said that. They need to settle it on the court and by on the court I mean at the Palace....

Jon Barry is right though, he mentioned that worse things have been said on the basketball court. It happens and it should be kept on the court, shame to Charlie V for being offended when he should know that KG was trying to get him riled up.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Shame to being offended? For real?

Put yourself in Charlie's shoes here. If I were Charlie I would of been swinging on the court.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Like for real, Jon Barry just lost a dick load of respect from me with that statement.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
As insensitive as that comment would be, it's kind of ridiculous to get too upset about in-game trash talk when taken out of context. I'm pretty sure women and gays would be pretty offended by some of the <Censored> that's said during games, but it's a different environment. Not that it makes it entirely okay, and insensitive comments, including comments like that and racial <Censored>, aren't okay, I still think it needs to be taken with a grain of salt.
Exactly.

However, while in a game situation I feel that anything should be OK to say. I'm sure plenty of players say "<Censored>" or "<Censored>" but no one ever complains about that because as adult men that's how a lot of us talk. I can remember Mike Pouncey calling plenty of the players on defense "<Censored>gots" but no one said <Censored>. Chris Rainey talked more <Censored> than Mike Tyson, but no one ever cared, because that's how we all talked.

It's the <Censored>ing NBA, there is no 'W' in front of it, so what, he talked <Censored> get over it. Grow a dick and win some games then maybe people will respect you.

Larry Bird was a huge trash talker, but no one looks down on him for it, he's still one of the greatest to ever play.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Shame to being offended? For real?

Put yourself in Charlie's shoes here. If I were Charlie I would of been swinging on the court.
Im not that stupid to start swinging on the court over something that insignificant. People say stupid <Censored> all the time when your playing sports, its just normal. Chris Mullin even said it tonight that far worse things are said on the court and they shouldnt be brought up to the media. This just shows that you can get to Charlie V rather easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%