Celtics sign Delonte West

Status
Not open for further replies.

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score
Think CC is forgetting that we won last year with both bynum and KOBE playing through injuries. Kobe's gonna have a full offseason to recover this year and he's gonna play loads better than he did last year. No joke, he didn't play so hot last year and we still did fine. We're only gonna be better, we just gotta pray Bynum stays healthy.

BTW: solid signing by the Celtics.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
kobes knee is still an issue and his finger didnt get any better. hes going to be playing with those two nagging problems again.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Think CC is forgetting that we won last year with both bynum and KOBE playing through injuries. Kobe's gonna have a full offseason to recover this year and he's gonna play loads better than he did last year. No joke, he didn't play so hot last year and we still did fine. We're only gonna be better, we just gotta pray Bynum stays healthy.

BTW: solid signing by the Celtics.
Pugz, plus Kobe is always hurt as is Bynum so it's safer to bet on that continuing than betting on both getting healthy. Kobe's slowly wearing down.

PS - LOL at you saying 'we', you're from New York.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
id rather bet on bynum breaking down faster this season then kobe. we know kobe will play through everything he possibly can. its not smart, but he will.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Lakers weren't missing their starting Center in Game 7, but Wallace and Bynum both played through injuries so that counteracts each other I guess. But you're ignorant if you don't think Perkins would make a difference - especially in a game as close as that one was. And trust me, I know the Lakers bench has improved, Matt Barnes was a great signing. But Steve Blake isn't that much better than Farmar and Ratliff isn't much at this point. I honestly don't see the Lakers getting back to the Finals, mainly because getting their 4 years in a row. They've survived SEVERAL big scares in the playoffs over these three years, and there are still plenty of good teams that could take them out. Someone above me talked about the Celtics players getting old, but the Lakers are getting up their too, especially in the back court. Age is just a number, the Celtics showed last year they can still do it and they only got better this offseason. All they care about is getting to the playoffs, they will, and they're one of the three favorites in the East to make it to the Finals. IDC what they are 3 years from now...
you're right that there are a number of teams that can take them out, and that number is 2.
Boston and Miami

lakers are so far ahead of everyone in the west. it's their's to lose again
only way they dont make the finals is if the injury bug comes and bites them

as for the bench. SMH. Farmar is easily the worst player in the league. Blake is miles ahead of him
Ratliff is old as dirt, but he wont even be playing much at all. Derrick Caracter is going to be seeing the floor a lot. well not a lot, but he's probably taking Powell's minutes

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
you're right that there are a number of teams that can take them out, and that number is 2.
Boston and Miami

lakers are so far ahead of everyone in the west. it's their's to lose again
only way they dont make the finals is if the injury bug comes and bites them

as for the bench. SMH. Farmar is easily the worst player in the league. Blake is miles ahead of him
Ratliff is old as dirt, but he wont even be playing much at all. Derrick Caracter is going to be seeing the floor a lot. well not a lot, but he's probably taking Powell's minutes
"Easily the worst player in the league"? Hard to see why he earned a hefty contract in the offseason, then. That's just team-by-team bias. You can't say the only way the Lakers don't get there is if they lose though, because there's teams in the West with the talent to beat them in a 7-game series. Denver, Dallas, Oklahoma City, among others. It's not a given by any means. And the teams out East that could beat them include Boston, Miami, and Orlando.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lakers are the favorites, sure, but to say there is no competition is complete lunacy... Plenty of teams can match up with them. Ron Artest's honeymoon period is over, the PG position will be crap, and there will be Bynum trade talk after another unsuccessful start which eventually turns into another injury-laden season for him. The Celtics are much deeper than the Lakers, too.

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score
Pugz, plus Kobe is always hurt as is Bynum so it's safer to bet on that continuing than betting on both getting healthy. Kobe's slowly wearing down.

PS - LOL at you saying 'we', you're from New York.
Ha that's funny you make it sound like you know me. If you did, you would know I used to live in LA. Nice try.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lakers are the favorites, sure, but to say there is no competition is complete lunacy... Plenty of teams can match up with them. Ron Artest's honeymoon period is over, the PG position will be crap, and there will be Bynum trade talk after another unsuccessful start which eventually turns into another injury-laden season for him. The Celtics are much deeper than the Lakers, too.
luckily, the lakers dont have to worry about Boston until the Finals if they meet
East is more top heavy than the West now

thats what i mean. for a team to beat the lakers out west, it's going to be a hefty task. and i dont think any team out west is up to it, at least not now going in to the season

im not talking about the finals just fyi to everyone
i have not said the lakers will 3 peat, im just saying they should be able to get to the Finals again if healthy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%