Celtics May Be Willing To Accept Alternative To Bledsoe In Garnett-Rivers Talks

Wolves United

Reaction score

The Los Angeles Clippers and Boston Celtics continue to discuss a deal involving Kevin Garnett and the right to hire Doc Rivers as head coach.

The Clippers are offering DeAndre Jordan and draft compensation. Danny Ainge and the Celtics are seeking the inclusion of Eric Bledsoe, but sources say they have begun to show a willingness to accept another asset.

Rivers would replace Vinny Del Negro as head coach of the Clippers.
(Via Real GM)

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What other asset do they have? Imo those picks or Jordan aren't assets either.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
The assets would be taking on JET and Lee's contracts for Caron Butler's expiring

Wish I'd get a 2nd 1st if we aren't getting Bledsoe

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
what if the celtics release pierce as a favor to the clippers?
doc isnt actually in the trade, they'd just let him walk to the clippers. same thing with pierce instead of an amnesty

but i still dont think amnesty is a big deal for him anyways. you dont HAVE to use it

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Fuck the Clippers being so stingy

I hope CP3 doesn't go to them now

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It was a bad deal for yall anyway.  Taking on DeAndre Jordan, horrible basketball player with a even worse contract.

Fuck that.  Let those guys expire and let Doc walk, yall are better in the long run with Jordan not killing the cap.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
It was a bad deal for yall anyway.  Taking on DeAndre Jordan, horrible basketball player with a even worse contract.

Fuck that.  Let those guys expire and let Doc walk, yall are better in the long run with Jordan not killing the cap.
jordan had the potential to be a nice shot blocker in the post with athleticism and some offensive game. He's an ideal C for Rondo should we go for a faster pace

Also, KG's value won't be any higher than it will later. It's gonna drop significantly I bet

Doc doesn't play young guys, and I want to rebuild. We won't get a good coach like BShaw if Doc steps away to coach, because he's still under contract. And Sully won't get the PT that I want, but instead Brandon Bass is gonna get 28mpg while he can't do shit. Doc will play Bass more than Bradley or Green, because of "leadership"

Plus the extra pick woulda been nice. And I wanted to contend for Wiggins

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%