Casspi unstoppable against Britain

Status
Not open for further replies.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Omri Casspi with 27 pts on 10/13 shooting, including 4/6 threes. 5 boards, 4 steals, 5 blocks.
VIDEO

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Omri Casspi anticipates another big season for the Kings, from start to finish. Not just the start.
A rookie last season, Casspi bore the weight of expectations as the first Israeli to play in the NBA. He's considered an icon in Israel, with huge banners with his likeness hanging on buildings. He is mobbed and hailed a hero when he comes home. Fans and family stay up in the wee hours to watch him play on TV, including in the NBA Summer League.
Casspi came to the Summer League wiser, more seasoned, more aware that he needs to stick to conditioning. The swingman used energy and guts to fluster foes the first half of last season as he teamed with fellow first-round pick Tyreke Evans to give the long-suffering Kings fans some hope. But he tired in the second half of the season, from the playing grind and the expectations of his homeland.
"The summer has been great for me in so many ways," Casspi said. "At the end of last season, Geoff Petrie and Paul Westphal told me that I needed to get stronger, just get back to playing the way I did earlier last season. I can do that. I didn't realize at the time how (fatigued) I became with ... everything."
The 6-foot-9 Casspi is 15 pounds heavier, mostly upper-body muscle. He has leaned on close teammate and friend Francisco Garcia to learn how to deal with playing situations and expectations in general. He has been advised to relax more, to not take things so personally. It's part of the learning curve.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well, I figure we have sub forums now so yes, it does.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Maybe on a Kings forum site. If Josh Howard resigning doesn't get its own thread, than this certainly shouldn't. Just unimportant news about a role player on a mediocre team.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
VERY important news...

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol. greg always posts kings updates like anyone other then he and zig care ;)

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol. Make a Kings discussion thread. Pistons have one (I think).

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
There's only 2 Kings fans on the board. They can PM about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%