Carlisle and Rondo Have Heated Shouting Match in Game

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/mavericks/post/_/id/4704703/rondos-mavs-tenure-might-be-temporary

I can understand a PG wanting to have playcalling freedom when he's playing well, but Rajon Rondo has been all but invisible for Dallas, can't make free throws, and is seemingly unwilling to find himself a role while he adjusts to Dallas' offense and figures out how he can best contribute on that end of the floor.

Rajon Rondo has had trouble getting along with two of the best coaches in the league. That says something about his character, or lack there of. 

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
he's a diva. everyone knows that. he's probably la bound and him and kobe will rip that locker room apart.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
[Media]https://vine.co/v/OQl2OvmUV39[/media]

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rondo has had a real negative impact on that team, especially offensively. He's just not the player he once was, hasn't been for a couple of seasons. Why Dallas thought they were getting a difference maker is beyond me.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
the fight started backup in the locker room after the game too

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Yea I think hes gone after this season. Ellis and Chandler are free agents as well and they wont be able to resign all 3. Ellis has been one of the most clutch players this past year and Chandler is a leader in that locker room. I thought a change of scenery would be good for Rondo, but hes too ball dominant for this Mavericks offense which relies heavily on ball movement.

jayvello

Reaction score
Frontpage Stardom said:
Yea I think hes gone after this season. Ellis and Chandler are free agents as well and they wont be able to resign all 3. Ellis has been one of the most clutch players this past year and Chandler is a leader in that locker room. I thought a change of scenery would be good for Rondo, but hes too ball dominant for this Mavericks offense which relies heavily on ball movement.
Mavs have bird rights to rondo and chandler so they will sign all 3 if they want

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm not so sure Dallas will even want to bring him back.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
With the way he's acting with Carlisle, I'm shocked at how he meshed so well with Stevens

Maybe cuz Brad is used to dealing with college shitheads

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Name me one shithead from Butler
college coaches do more than just be with their own team, you should know that

I can guarantee you on the entire Butler campus there are multiple shitheads... Every school has them

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
They really don't do much more than that lol. It's not like they're walking around campus saying what's up to the students. They're mostly in the practice facility. 

Either way I don't get how what you're saying would provide him experience for dealing with Rondo. 

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Also, Chrishawn Hopkins.

Hopkins was kicked off the team. I don't see how that applies to the ability to cope with Rondo. It's not like he could kick Rajon off the team

jayvello

Reaction score
Idk about yall but this confrontation has pretty much been forgotten in the Dallas area. Carlisle and Rondo seem fine. It was just a disagreement and I don't think rondo is going to be leaving. You have to understand that these guys haven't even had an offseason together and it wouldn't benefit either one of them if he leaves.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He was suspended for a game, so I'd have to believe it was more than just a disagreement. Something happened in the locker room, maybe it got personal or something.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think it would benefit both sides to seperate as well. The guy wasn't a good PG in Boston (I tried to drive this point into the ground) but he's been even worse in Dallas. He doesn't fit that roster and doesn't fit that flowing offense Dallas runs.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
it's already been stated that it was "more heated" in the locker room.

jayvello

Reaction score
He was suspended because of how he made it a public disagreement or argument or whatever it was. I agree rondo isn't what he used to be but he is still a talented player. I don't see another pg that would help out the mavs and would be available. On the other hand where would rondo go and be in a better situation than he is now. It wouldn't make sense from either side to separate unless there is another blow up. From what I have seen both guys have put it behind them and I think everyone else should to. We are talking about two men having a heated argument not two women here. Men know how to let shit go. Carlisle and Rondo having a productive offseason together could be rondos second wind of his career and the league should be scared if that happens.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%