Cardinals vs. Panthers

Iceman

Reaction score
So, being a Cardinals fan is so hard.  They always seem to find ways to give fans heart attacks.  Here in Az the Cards are nicknamed "Cardic Cards" because of this situation just like Saturday night vs. the Packers.  There were plays that went the Cards way and they were all game changers.  They didn't play well, but they found a way to pull it off.  Fitz is the most unbelievable playoff WR and he single handily won that game.  Anyhow, the Cards are going into Carolina and I think they will pull this one off.  I think that they will shut down Stewart and need to keep Cam in the pocket.  The one player I am worried about is Olsen.  That guy is a stud and they need to keep him blanketed the entire game.  Cards offense will be on their game and Palmer is due to have a big game.  So my prediction is its going to be the Cardinals and Patriots playing in Santa Clara for SB 50.  

Score

Cardinals 34
Panthers 24 

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
Come on folks. These guys want to try to be more active and we need to help them with that. 

For this game, I see one of two scenarios playing out. 1. The Panthers turn Carson Palmer over at least 3 times or 2. The Cardinals go off offensively. The Panthers have a great defense within 20 yards of the line of scrimmage, but they are susceptible to the big play (which is exactly what Arizona excels at) and their safeties have a lot to do with that. Kurt Coleman had a lot of interceptions this year, but over his short career he's been a vulnerability in just about every defense he's ever played in. There's a reason he was cut going into the season. Can Carolina contain Fitz, Floyd, Brown, Brown, AND David Johnson? I really don't think so. If they can bait Palmer into some INTs on intermediate routes, though, they have a chance to beat Arizona. Cam Newton should keep them in the game, regardless.

I'm thinking this turns into a classic.

Cardinals 33
:panthers 30

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
personally i dont care which team wins because im for parity but id like to see fitz try for a ring before its retirement time.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
I'm going to say 31-24 Panthers. I just don't trust Carson Palmer in the playoffs. We all know he's got a track record for blowing hard in big games, and I saw nothing on Saturday to convince me otherwise. 

But if Carson shows up and they can attack them with the big plays, this should be a fun game that might come down to the wire. It definitely won't be a blowout. 

Iceman

Reaction score
GMF1991 said:
I'm going to say 31-24 Panthers. I just don't trust Carson Palmer in the playoffs. We all know he's got a track record for blowing hard in big games, and I saw nothing on Saturday to convince me otherwise. 

But if Carson shows up and they can attack them with the big plays, this should be a fun game that might come down to the wire. It definitely won't be a blowout. 

Agree, but hoping Palmer got his 1st playoff win monkey off his back last week out of the way and he goes out and has a really great game.  And I don't see this one being a blowout either.  Both D's are good and both O's are unstoppable.  Sure hope Cards pull this one off and Fitz gets his ring!  He deserves it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%