Cam Newton's NFL Potential?

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Anything is possible. Lots of teams will be looking for quarterbacks. You got the Panthers, Cardinals, Vikings, 49ers, possibly Raiders etc. It's possible Cam could go to the Vikings, hard saying.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
I could see Cam going to the 49ers, but like I said I think it may be too much of a risk to take this big of a project in the first round -- or -- the second round even.

If I see him in the late third round, and I'm desperate, I take him. Only if I'm desperate and only if I think my coaching staff can build him. No draftee is taken with the intention of failing, no team looks at a guy, who they know he won't help them, and takes him. Unless you're the Steelers pre-Cowher.

I know there are panic picks, but there has to be some reason to take a guy.

Mooche

Reaction score
I could see Cam going to the 49ers, but like I said I think it may be too much of a risk to take this big of a project in the first round -- or -- the second round even.

If I see him in the late third round, and I'm desperate, I take him. Only if I'm desperate and only if I think my coaching staff can build him. No draftee is taken with the intention of failing, no team looks at a guy, who they know he won't help them, and takes him. Unless you're the Steelers pre-Cowher.

I know there are panic picks, but there has to be some reason to take a guy.
Look at Tim Tebow..

The Combine just allows these big, athletic freaks, to be loved by the media and by the coaching staffs. It won't surprise me when a team looks at him, and instantly wants to take him in the 10-15 range. I think that is a monster gamble and the wrong move to make, but I could definitely see it happening.

Ace Shap

Reaction score
I feel like a bunch of people are on the fence about this guy and I assume the NFL teams are the same way. It'll be interesting to see which teams have the guts to go for him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%