FLIP!

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
http://sportsnet.ca/basketball/2010/07/12/bobcats_close_to_trading/

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wow Colangelo is doing work lol. I think if Chandler can stay healthy, he could be really solid. Raps could really use some defensive help down low as well.

Mooche

Reaction score
I agree. It all depends on Chandler and his health, but I would like this move for the Raptors.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
why does that say the suns want jose but then say the bobcats need a point guard? i would think jose is going to charlotte. decent deal for all sides though.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
why does that say the suns want jose but then say the bobcats need a point guard? i would think jose is going to charlotte. decent deal for all sides though.
I had to read it a couple of times myself. A couple of commas would better express the information.

"The Charlotte Bobcats are close to sending Boris Diaw and possibly, Tyson Chandler, to the Toronto Raptors in a three-way deal, including the Phoenix Suns, that would acquire point guard Jose Calderon and at least one other player; a source from one of the three teams involved confirmed."

^ Edited to make more sense.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
either way, that is one poorly written "article".

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol Pugz, here's a better article

With Chris Bosh gone, Toronto Raptors general manager Bryan Colangelo is wasting no time overhauling his roster.

According to various reports, the Raptors are on the verge of shipping Hedo Turkoglu to Phoenix for guard Leandro Barbosa and forward Dwayne Jones. The Raptors would then reportedly ship Jones and guard Jose Calderon to the Charlotte Bobcats for forward Boris Diaw and centre Tyson Chandler.

The Toronto Star also adds that the Raptors will not have to use their $14.5 million trade exception acquired last week from the Miami Heat in the sign-and-trade deal for Bosh.

Turkoglu has stated he wants out of Toronto just one season after choosing to sign with the Raptors over the Portland Trail Blazers last summer. The six-foot-10 Turkish forward averaged just 11.3 points a game with Toronto last season - his lowest total since 2003-04.

He was also a healthy scratch in late March after reports surfaced that he was at a Toronto nightclub shortly after missing a game against Denver due to a stomach virus. He was also fined by the Raptors. Turkoglu is owed US$43.8 million over the next four years.

When on his game, Turkoglu is a versatile forward who could replace some of the offence Phoenix lost when Amare Stoudemire signed with the New York Knicks.

Barbosa, originally drafted by Colangelo in Phoenix, is a quick guard who has played six seasons with the Suns. The Brazilian played in 44 games last year, averaging 9.5 points and 2.6 assists per game. His best season was in 2006-07, when he averaged 18.1 points and four assists per game.

Chandler, a nine-year veteran who played with the Bobcats, New Orleans Hornets and Chicago Bulls, averaged 6.5 points and 6.3 rebounds a game last season.

The move would give the Raptors a handful of expiring contracts to clear salary room in a couple of seasons - Barbosa has two years and $14.7 million left on his deal, Diaw has two years and $18 million left and Chandler will be paid $13.1 million in his final season this year.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wouldn't make sense for the Suns to trade for a PG, still have Nash and Dragic is a very good backup.

I'm a HUGE Calderon fan, I think the Raps are making a mistake here.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
either way, that is one poorly written "article".
I wouldn't call it an article. More like a beat-writer rushing to be the first to post the headline. Not much good it did him as some people are still trying to decode the damn paragraph.

I've actually seen better use of grammar on tweets.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
thats why i said "article". that was a nightmare to read. anyways, im still trying to figure out why phoenix wants jose.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
thats why i said "article". that was a nightmare to read. anyways, im still trying to figure out why phoenix wants jose.
It's not Phoenix, Jose is (reportedly) heading to Charlotte.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The three-team trade involving the likes of Hedo Turkoglu, Leandro Barbosa, and Boris Diaw may be expanding. Tyson Chandler confirmed to Yahoo Sports that he will be traded to Toronto while point guard Jose Calderon will get sent to Charlotte. Reggie Evans may also be included.

The details of the trade are still being finalized.

Via Yahoo Sports

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I like this trade for us. Two defensive minded bigs in Ed and Chandler, like we needed. We went from a team that can't block the ball for crap to a team that could be one of the best at it.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Damn I wanted Tyson in NY

But great move for Charlotte, they re-signed Baton Rouge, so Diaw was expendable. Augustin is ready to start and Calderon's game should work well with Jack and Wallace.

I really like the deal for all sides..

But this does leave Charlotte with a small but athletic lineup..

.loggie

Reaction score
Great move for Toronto, Jose stopped playing once he got paid. I still gotta give him love for loving Toronto and never complaining but he's too inconsistent and he's better off coming off the bench.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Charlotte owner Michael Jordan has had "second thoughts" on trade with Toronto and deal is suddenly in peril, league sources tell Y! Sports.
Y! Sources: Michael Jordan's reluctance causes Toronto-Charlotte trade to hit snag; deal to be revisited Tuesday

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Don't know why he wanted the deal in the first place, Calderon blows and is on a big contract

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
they need another point. but giving up tyson who will help them around the rim for jose who may not even start and has a long contract is going to be an issue.

not bad that he backed out, but i do think the teams are all better off after this deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%