Brouwer: Some Hawks are frustrated by trades

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooche

Reaction score
According to Troy Brouwer, who Chicago recently traded to Washington, some of the current Blackhawks players are frustrated with Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman's decisions.
"I kind of thought they would make more of an effort to try and keep the team together, but obviously that’s not the case," Brouwer said. "And I’ve talked to a couple of guys on the Blackhawks currently that are a little frustrated with how everything is going. But that’s the direction that the team is going in right now and (general manager Stan Bowman) is going to do what is best for his hockey club." Chicago won the Stanley Cup in 2010, but Bowman has been forced to radically alter that team because of the salary cap problems he inherited. However, Chicago's cap situation looks much more manageable after their decision to trade Brouwer, Brian Campbell, and Tomas Kopecky over the last several days.
Source: Chicago Tribune
Jun 28, 5:08 PM

I can definitely see how this would be the case in Chicago. They really are having no issues taking the general core of this team and throwing it in trade rumors, and in some cases actually getting rid of them. A few talks swirling around Chi-town actually kind of shocked me.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
^
And it's not even so much Bowman's fault. He's left with cleaning up Dale Tallon's mess while still trying to compete.

HockeyGuy

Reaction score
they should break up the younger guys who are way too cocky and have such a big ego. Sooner or later its going to come and bite them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%