Brooklyn Spurs

Brutalis

"Take heart, or I will take it from you." - BN
Reaction score
Checking out the new Brooklyn uniforms, logo, and court had me do some research. I checked out the most popular Spurs and Nets message boards and fans seem to be mixed about the new Nets look.

Their unis look like the retro Spurs without silver. Even when the Spurs updated their home court the Nets ran with same look except their own logo in the middle.

What gives? No team in the NBA that's updated their look went with the same color scheme and look in all three phases as the Nets have. Their only missing silver and SA doesn't use much of it other than their main logo.

Personally I don't care. The Nets will never have the success or tradition SA has even if they want to somewhat copy them. However what erks me is how they have no originality.

Never in pro American sports has there been such a resemblence. I just find it funny.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Nobody cares or thinks they're trying to copy the Spurs but retards

Jay-Z especially doesn't give a shit about the Spurs

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
its actually just a throwback look to ALL retro nba jerseys...

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
its' black and white so it must be the spurs!

cmon Brute. similar color schemes, sure. but lots of teams all over the place do this

there's like 5 or 6 teams in the NBA that use red white and blue for instance. who cares?

as for never in pro sports has there been a resemblence, all over the place man
look at baseball. the dodgers and the royals and the old rangers just off the top of my head
so many more examples

dont flatter yourself man

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Spurs jerseys are actually solid and have history behind them. Brooklyn's jerseys on the other hand, they had so much potential. But they look like whoever designed them got lazy and didn't really feel like finishing them, so they just made them as plain as they could. It seriously looks like zero effort was put in. And the court? Yuck.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i actually think they look great
they were going for the simple, classy look that would still be there own look

like Penn State or the Yankees or the Dodgers or the Celtics, etc

sure the spurs use similar colors, but the no one will confuse the 2 teams.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i actually think they look great
they were going for the simple, classy look that would still be there own look

like Penn State or the Yankees or the Dodgers or the Celtics, etc

sure the spurs use similar colors, but the no one will confuse the 2 teams.
Everything about them sucks. The collar is horrific, the shoulder line is bad, the stripe down the side looks silly, where it gets to the bottom of the shorts and turns looks even more silly, the logo at the bottom of the shorts doesn't look good (why not just use the simple B, it would have looked better). The only thing that looks remotely good is the lettering and numbers, and even the numbers are probably a little to slender. I bet they took 10 minutes tops to design. I'm curious how many people would like them if Jay-Z was not attached to them. And if they were looking for something that is their own, they failed miserably. Ever looked at one of the uni magazines that High School teams use to pick their gear? Maybe they are straight from one of those.

Honestly, the Bobcats probably saved them from having the worst unis in the league.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i dont care about Jay Z at all

we'll just agree to disagree because i really think they have my favorite NBA look right now. jerseys, logos, court. love everything about them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%