Brian Shaw to interview with the Pistons

mamba

Reaction score
It has been more "when" and not "if" for Brian Shaw and a head coaching job. And he might be closing in on one with the Detroit Pistons.
According to ABC 7 in Detroit, the Pistons have contacted Shaw, who is the Pacers' associate head coach, about setting up an interview.
Interesting angle to this: Phil Jackson is serving as a consultant for the Pistons in their coaching search. Jackson, who coached Shaw and also had him on his staff in Los Angeles, fully endorsed Shaw as his replacement for the Lakers.
Shaw has been a great addition to Indiana's bench, serving alongside Frank Vogel in building the Pacers into one of the top defensive teams in the league. Shaw has been a rising coaching star in the league for a while but mysteriously has been passed over for other jobs.
Shaw's name has popped up around other teams as well -- notably the Nets -- but the Pacers are holding off on granting Shaw the opportunity to interview until the team's season is over. And with the way they're playing right now, up 3-1 over the Knicks, it might not be anytime soon.
The Pistons have also reportedly contacted Nate McMillan, Miami assistant David Fizdale and Spurs assistant Mike Budenholzer.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/22247211/brian-shaw-to-interview-with-the-pistons

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Noooo

Don't waste your career with the Pissed-ons

BrandonNBA

Reaction score
Brian Shaw would most likely run the Triangle with them, and I'm not sure if I would like the fit. I think it would be best if Shaw would just wait for a better opportunity on a different team.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
BrandonNBA said:
Brian Shaw would most likely run the Triangle with them, and I'm not sure if I would like the fit. I think it would be best if Shaw would just wait for a better opportunity on a different team.
actually greg monroe would do great. drummond would be used well. our guards would need to adjust but we also have all the cap.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
it'll work
you guys just need decent passing guards who can hit some corner shots. its why fish made it so long as a SG in a PG body
run the offense through the bigs, especially Monroe who can pass

and i know Phil loved big PGs. you have 2 in Stuck and Knight

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
stuckey cant shoot at all though. but again, free agency. iggy would fit well, i just hope we wouldnt need to pay out the ass for him.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Make it happen IMO. Him or Nate. 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%