Brandon Jennings To Detroit

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
“I have that chip on my shoulder,” Jennings said. “This year you’ll see a whole different player. Vets in the locker room, all these guys played at a high level. I can be myself and who I was, five years ago, at AAU.”

In his prep days, he was known more for passing than scoring. But since then, Jennings has earned a reputation as a shot-chucker rather than a playmaker, and he knows that won’t fly here.

“I definitely have to change my game, for my teammates and myself to be successful,” Jennings said. “We have a great frontcourt and some great vets. The things I was doing in Milwaukee, I don’t have to do here, taking all those bad shots, I don’t have to do here.”

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Low-key though, I wouldn't be surprised if Brandon Knight put up career numbers this year in Milwaukee. Think he is going to have himself a nice season. Much less pressure is on him now.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It's great and all that Jennings says he wants to change, but old habits die hard. Not to mention he's probably going to have to take more jumpers anyway because of the lack of spacing around him.

Doubt he'll suddenly become a better finisher around the rim either

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What I expect is that he is going to become more of a playmaking PG, rather than a scoring PG like he's been. In the process I expect him to take some better shots than he did in Milwaukee. Probably will have times where he was the BJ from the Bucks, but I really do think having the bigmen talent we have that his game will evolve a bit. 

Hate to keep saying it, but I really do think playing with Chauncey and learning from Mo will help him a ton as well.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Idk about the big man talent being that much improved. Ilyosva is a fantastic player, great pick and pop partner (he could be a terrible pick and pop player, I really have no statistical backing on that, I'm assuming).

The free agency period could be a bit of a humbling experience though. We'll see.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, Ersan and Sanders were nice. But I think Smith, Monroe, and Drummond are a step up.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
IDK, I'm probably just being a huge homer lol.
I'm just excited as fuck for once.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i expect him to be a bit of a chucker still but i really want to see him and believe he will look to be a more complete pg. mo did fantastic with russy and i expect him to do wonders with bj.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
but we need the scoring and scoring pgs are what a team needs now so i hope his shot selection and vision picks up a bit.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't expect Jennings to change who he is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%