Best Backcourts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abovelegit

Reaction score
Which team do you guys think has the best starting backcourt?

Here is how I rank the Top 5:

1. Spurs - Parker/Ginobili (Healthy Manu this year...maybe title #5 for the Spurs?)
2. Pistons - Billups/Hamilton (ECF almost every year...)
3. Celtics - Rondo/Ray Allen (maybe I'm overrating them because of their Finals performance)
4. Hawks - Bibby/Johnson (I'm eager to see how they'll perform this year. This combo might be higher on other people's lists)
5. Lakers - Fisher/Bryant

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score
Celtics backcourt is deff not top 5. I mean Ray Allen is good, but Rajon Rondo still has a lot of his game to develop.

Plus... Manu doesn't technically start. :p

Abovelegit

Reaction score
Celtics backcourt is deff not top 5. I mean Ray Allen is good, but Rajon Rondo still has a lot of his game to develop.

Plus... Manu doesn't technically start. :p
True, Manu does not start, but he does play the majority of the game as the SG. And the Celtics back court is definitely top five, if they won their first title in their first season together, they are definitely recognized as one of the best back courts.

yezzir

Reaction score
True, Manu does not start, but he does play the majority of the game as the SG. And the Celtics back court is definitely top five, if they won their first title in their first season together, they are definitely recognized as one of the best back courts.
They won it because of the combination of Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, and KG. Not because of their backcourt.

Abovelegit

Reaction score
They won it because of the combination of Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, and KG. Not because of their backcourt.
Rondo was the playmaker, the fastbreak runner, and the man that set up Ray Ray with all of those three's. It was his decision making that helped the C's win banner 17.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The top 2 is really the only ones I'd agree with. The rest aren't as good IMO.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Spurs and Pistons are definetly in the top 5, I'd also throw in Dallas (Kidd and Terry/Howard), Chicago (Rose/Hinrich and Gordon), and Atlanta (Bibby and Johnson). Boston isn't Top 5...

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Spurs and Pistons are definetly in the top 5, I'd also throw in Dallas (Kidd and Terry/Howard), Chicago (Rose/Hinrich and Gordon), and Atlanta (Bibby and Johnson). Boston isn't Top 5...
I'll just quote this instead of saying mine.

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
You really cant say Rose, should be considered in the Best Backcourt

Rose has yet to play with Hinrich, Gordon.

VC15

Reaction score
And the Celtics back court is definitely top five, if they won their first title in their first season together, they are definitely recognized as one of the best back courts.
No KG = No title

djhipp

Reaction score
Bibby/Johnson is my personal favorite. I also like Terry and Kidd. Bell & Nash in Pheonix is top 5.

Abovelegit

Reaction score
No KG = No title
Agreed, but if you think about it, Ray Ray was a huge part of their scoring, and one of the main reasons they won game 5 (remember his lay up on Sasha) and Rondo was a huge part of their defensive scheme, fastbreaks, and set up offense.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Because there's more than 5 backcourts better than them...

yezzir

Reaction score
In the Finals they were constantly taking out Rondo for Eddie House because he couldn't knock down a shot.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rondo makes rookie mistakes. He's also scared to take open shots but will take contested shots.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Billups/Hamilton
Parker/Ginobili

That's it.
Yea they have been together too long. No one can mess with them. They could play together with there eyes closed and still get it done.

Everything Turns To Nothing .
Reaction score
Fisher/Bryant
Billups/Hamilton
Bibby/Johnson
Miller/Iguodala

I think Harris/Carter will be a good combo this season as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%