Bears trade Greg Olsen to Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Source: ESPNChicago.com

The Chicago Bears traded tight end Greg Olsen to the Carolina Panthers on Thursday. In return, the Bears will receive a third-round pick in the 2012 draft, according to a league source.

The Chicago Tribune reported early Thursday morning that Olsen's agent Drew Rosenhaus sent a mass email to the NFL's general managers and personnel executives to announce the Bears were making his client available for a trade. Strangely, though, the original email was rescinded minutes later by Rosenhaus, who didn't immediately return phone calls or emails seeking comment.

The email -- which also reached Bears general manager Jerry Angelo and contract negotiator Cliff Stein -- reportedly explained that the Bears had given Rosenhaus permission to seek a trade for Olsen, adding that the club would "be very reasonable on the compensation in return for Greg."

Minutes later, Rosenhaus reportedly sent another mass email asking the recipients of the original message to disregard.

Olsen had been rumored in the past to be on the trading block, in part because of the perception the tight end didn't fit into the pass-happy system employed by Bears offensive coordinator Mike Martz.

Olsen seemed to dispel the notion by tying for the team lead in touchdown receptions with five.

Entering the final year of his rookie contract, Olsen -- a former first round pick in 2007 -- hasn't made public demands recently for a contract extension. In fact, Angelo and Bears coach Lovie Smith had expressed a desire to increase Olsen's involvement in the offense moving forward.

Olsen averaged 23.8 yards per catch in the 2010 playoffs, and since 2009, he ranks sixth in receiving touchdowns by a tight end (18). He's second among tight ends in franchise history with 20 career scoring grabs.
http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/6811546/chicago-bears-trade-greg-olsen-carolina-panthers

Seriously... Fuck Mike Martz. Dude is only here one more year and we trade away probably our 2nd most productive offensive player (behind Matt Forte) for a fucking pick that we will use to draft a bust anyway. So pissed off right now. This organization is such a fucking joke.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Martz is also trying to bring Roy Williams into town. Gotta love the pull this guy has in the organization, considering he probably isn't in Chicago next season.

Not that I'm totally against Roy Williams, especially since Olsen is gone now, I'm just saying, why the fuck does this guy have so much pull?

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
cuz martz is supposedly an offensive genius but hasnt done shit since his rams days.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
cuz martz is supposedly an offensive genius but hasnt done shit since his rams days.
Well, actually I'm pretty sure he's made every offense he's been with better (at least in rank), except for last year with the Bears. LOL

I wouldn't be as pissed if we actually knew Martz was here long term, but there's a good chance he's gone next season, which makes making all these moves pointless.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well, actually I'm pretty sure he's made every offense he's been with better (at least in rank), except for last year with the Bears. LOL

I wouldn't be as pissed if we actually knew Martz was here long term, but there's a good chance he's gone next season, which makes making all these moves pointless.
maybe a little bit better but not much better I think. You guys should try to get martz long term though lol. Also you hear matt forte might be holding out lol

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
maybe a little bit better but not much better I think. You guys should try to get martz long term though lol. Also you hear matt forte might be holding out lol
Yeah, I heard that too. Forte deserves to get paid. They better give him his money.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
fuck roy williams. dude is trash :p

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
fuck roy williams. dude is trash :p
At least he's a change from the midgets we have.

Also had the best year of his career with Martz, for whatever that's worth.

Granted it was like six years ago. LOL

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I guess Dan Connor was suppose to be involved in the deal, but failed his physical. Oh well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%