Backgrounds

LyRIKs

Holla if ya hate me
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
BRUSHING:

Download a set of brushes you like. Abstract ones are just perfect. Fill the initial layer with white, or w/e you want.

When brushing, never drag the brush. Just click, click, click, 'till you're happy with what you got. Sometimes you have to erase it, ctrl+z it, but just make sure you got a good result.

The layer you're brushing is will always have to transparent, just making sure. Sometimes, you can make multiple brushed layers, but when you do that, don't brush the whole document everytime. Make the brushes together fill the thing.

Now select the brushed layer you want to change color of. Go to IMAGE>ADJUSTMENTS>HUE/SATURATION.

In that window, check the COLORIZE box on the bottom right, raise your lightness some, a bit the contrast, and play around with the levels and hues, 'till you get what you want.

When you do that, do the same thing to other layers if you did them. Different colors that go with each other tend to look good too.

----------

GRADIENT TOOL:

When your brushing gets too vivid, or looks weird, I recommend trying this. I always use it. Make a new layer over your backgrounds, and get the Gradient Tool, which is the one with(down the arrow) the Fill tool (the one you paint with).

When you select it there are gonna be its options on the top menus. Click on the gradient they have showing to change the colors.

When you do it, the way you like it, you can always blend it on the opacity levels to make it not stick out, but make the BG more neutral.

Making just a black, white, or w/e color layer on top and blending sometimes works too, but sometimes it looks crappy.

----------

ADDITIONAL STUFF:

If you're one of those persons that like to add stuff in the background, good stuff to put in there are Team Logos, another picture of the player but really blended. The players initials blended, his number, etc... Adding stuff like that can make your sig better, just watch out so you don't fill the whole thing with a lot of stuff in the back sticking out too much.

----------

PATTERNS:

Big one right here. Patterns most of the sigs out there better, even if you cant really even see it. To do it, leave the sig file aside for a sec.

Make a new document, 3 by 3 pixels, to make running diagonal lines, or 5 by 5 to make squares. Make it transparent. ZOOM IN ALL THE WAY. Get the pencil tool, and make sure you got the color that you want the pattern lines to be selected. On that sig I'd for sure use black. The line's should look like, 3 dots, because they're zoomed all the way. When your happy with what your pattern is gonna be, go to EDIT>DEFINE PATTERN.

Now go the the sig document, make a new transparent layer, put it where you want it to be on the layer order toolbar. It looks good mostly over all the BG layers, not the pics or text. Have the layer selected, go to EDIT>FILL and select Pattern on the scroll down box. Now under it, you'll see all these patterns, scroll down 'till you find the one you just made. That's it. If you don't blend it, most of the times it'll look like crap, so always remeber to blend it correctly.

You can play around with it, so that you can make different patterns.

----------

MOTION BLUR:

Anything you add Motion Blur to will become abstract, or better looking (for backgrounds and stuff, obviously). You can use the Rectangle Tool, or other shapes. Rectangle is better though. Make a square over whatever you want. Then go to FILTER>BLUR>MOTION BLUR. You'll be able to preview what you're doing, so work on it 'till you get a good result.

-- Have fun. :)

slpnsld23

Love Me or Hate Me
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
how do i blend a logo in with the background and where can i find some good sized logos to put in the BG that fit the sig

LyRIKs

Holla if ya hate me
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Try sportslogos.net thats where I get my logos. Blend a logo into the BG by either turning down the opacity or going to SELECT>LOAD SELECTION then go to SELECT>FEATHER, do either 3
or 5 pixels and that should be enough.

slpnsld23

Love Me or Hate Me
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
can u give me full instructions cuz i didnt understand that

Deeillini

One of the Originals
Reaction score
Try to get font packs there too, really helpful

NjNets15

@SeanDugan2
Reaction score
Im confused where I download them from on there

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%