Article Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

lakerfan

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Over the past couple weeks, the article team has taken some slack for not being active...

Well, we have gotten back up on our feet, and have produced a few high quality articles..
..yet there has been minimal response to them.

I find this to be just a bit frustrating, considering that when we actually do articles, it seems that no one gives credit where credit is due.

So, I think it would do wonders if you guys checked them out, and you know, comment on them or criticize them, so we don't feel our hard work goes in vain.
I know for a fact that CB4_Raps put out an excellent article on the Ronaldhino situation, and PM7 wrote a very interesting article on the MVP Race...

so, check them out

CB4_Raps

SI's Bad Boy
Reaction score
I have to agree, if we want to keep important sections busy, then people need to post their thoughts on people's articles.

To be honest, it just frustrates me that people moan about not enough articles being made and then don't post in the section anyway. Totally pointless.

Strike3

Reaction score
the last 2 days i havent seen a article crew member on at all

lakerfan

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i am serious while i was on i havent
You do know I am on the article team, right? :)

The guy with like 14000 posts, who, I would think would have to be here quite a while to get them? LOL

And Cb4_Raps? And MapleLeaf (who is here seemingly all day)? And PM7?

We've been here man, believe me. We know.

CB4_Raps

SI's Bad Boy
Reaction score
the last 2 days i havent seen a article crew member on at all
Although this annoys me, it's probably the general view of most members on here. At least judging by the number of responses our articles get in the forum.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Been the issue with article responses of late and nobody really is responding. I know all of that and am trying to promote it more, if any of you guys have ideas for people to actually read these articles, then please give them to me. But I am satisfied with how the team has produced in basically the first week of the new article team. I knew it wouldn't start out huge with 10 articles a week and totally active, it will take time, but my words to the Sportz Reporters: Keep producing articles, it will eventually carry over and members will read.

And for members reading this, please read the articles, I mean it's not like a textbook full of Math Problems, it's about something we all love most of the times, articles and current events.

CB4_Raps

SI's Bad Boy
Reaction score
We can't really do much more for suggestions for people to read our articles. It shouldn't be a chore to people, but it must be if most don't read them.

lakerfan

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Honestly, if people aren't interested in them, what's the point?

CB4_Raps

SI's Bad Boy
Reaction score
I second that, I don't want to waste my time making articles if nobody is gonna take notice of them.

CB4_Raps

SI's Bad Boy
Reaction score
Been the issue with article responses of late and nobody really is responding. I know all of that and am trying to promote it more, if any of you guys have ideas for people to actually read these articles, then please give them to me. But I am satisfied with how the team has produced in basically the first week of the new article team. I knew it wouldn't start out huge with 10 articles a week and totally active, it will take time, but my words to the Sportz Reporters: Keep producing articles, it will eventually carry over and members will read.

And for members reading this, please read the articles, I mean it's not like a textbook full of Math Problems, it's about something we all love most of the times, articles and current events.
Since February, no articles have had more than 7 replies, how can anyone take some positives out of that?

Strike3

Reaction score
O well im an idiot not thinkin you would b on the article team

CB4_Raps

SI's Bad Boy
Reaction score
O well im an idiot not thinkin you would b on the article team
It's not your fault, you're new to the forums, the people who post tons everyday are more what this thread is aimed at.

nelsogotskillz

Reaction score
When we get a front page for our site, we should definitely put our newly finished articles on it. That would help out with popularity for articles...

CB4_Raps

SI's Bad Boy
Reaction score
When we get a front page for our site, we should definitely put our newly finished articles on it. That would help out with popularity for articles...
Is there an urgency to get the front page up though?

To be honest, I hope you're right, but I really doubt putting articles on there will get popularity.

nelsogotskillz

Reaction score
Is there an urgency to get the front page up though?

To be honest, I hope you're right, but I really doubt putting articles on there will get popularity.
Well I think it would. If you just look at some site's that have a front page up, before you go into their forum, you usually look into what's on the front page. And I hope that we get a front page up soon, but I'm not the one working on it, so I can't tell you what's happening with it either...

slpnsld23

Love Me or Hate Me
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yea you guys make some nice articles. I may not post responses (I will try to) but I always read the latest article.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Maybe somebody can start the get to know you article again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%