Are you a fan of Sabermetrics?

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Yea, why not? I get a little annoyed when people act like you have to be either a Tradition "see with your eyes" fan or a Sabermetrics fan. Why not both? I like to use both.

Traditional stats, seeing a player perform in person, and Sabermetrics should go hand in hand. The more information the better.

cole

Reaction score
I don't get how you can't get behind sabermetrics. I understand maybe not putting all your trust into it and using some other stuff but you're playing in the past if you don't atleast look at it.

catman

Reaction score
I've never been one that wants to put all of my faith in statistics. I like to actually see players on the field to see how they react to certain situations. Can they hit the cut-off man regularly? Do they throw to the right base? How do they react to a questionable call on the bases or at the plate? Can the pitcher throw to the target? Can he throw a change-up in a fastball count?
Stats tell me who I need to see in person, but don't tell the whole story.

Stray32

Reaction score
GMF said:
Yea, why not? I get a little annoyed when people act like you have to be either a Tradition "see with your eyes" fan or a Sabermetrics fan. Why not both? I like to use both.

Traditional stats, seeing a player perform in person, and Sabermetrics should go hand in hand. The more information the better.
this

No, stats don't tell you everything in a vacuum so you can't just be a scout from your desk. But sabermetrics help explain/get a deeper read into what you're seeing with your eyes and if a player/team is trending up or down or what their specific problems are, etc

RickD

Reaction score
Whatever I find on the back of a Topps baseball card is kind of where I limit my stat interest!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%