Are Hornets For Real?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Do you guys think the Hornets are for real this year? Will they be yet another elite team in the west?

I don't think they will be elite, but they are going to be a hard team to beat in the playoffs. They match up pretty well to a lot of the elite west teams. They are on-top of the Southwest right now. Better than both Dallas and San Antonio with a record of 9-2. I for one did not see this at all.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think they will be just fine in the playoffs.
Not elite but they may make a good run.
If no injuries hit this team they will for sure make the playoffs.(they should have last year)

_roboy

Reaction score
If their team stays healthy they could be a contender. I think they won't make it far in the playoffs but they will make a run.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They got all the tools to be a title contender, they have there shooters in Peja and Mo-Pete, there mid-range guy in West, there big time rebounder and down low player in Chandler, and they have there heart and soul at the point. Bench is pretty solid and underrated.

If they were in the East it would make things a lot easier, but being up in the West during the playoffs, it might be difficult due to there inexperience as a team against teams like the Spurs or Mavs. But you never know.

I think definetly a playoff team, possibly even a #4 or #5 seed.

They just need to stay healthy.

gocelts34

Reaction score
It's tough to make a good run in the playoffs when you're in the West. There hot right now, but chances are they will end up with a 7th or 8th seed. Which means they will have to play a Dallas, Phoenix, or San Antonio team in the first round, then if they somehow advance, they would be matched up with another one of those three again.

They deffinitly have a good young roster though. Chandler, West, and Stojakovic combine to make one of the better starting frontcourts. Chris Paul can obviously play, bringing his game to elite status. They also have alot of good pieces off the bench like Pargo, Jackson, Butler, Armstrong, and Ely.

In my opinion, there probably going to have to wait a couple of years until they make a serious run in the playoffs, but there deffinitly on the right track.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think they can make the 2nd round.
But I dont know if they can get farther than that.
Maybe with more playoff experience.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They would be if they were in the East....or at least in a different conference. They wont fair too well in the playoffs (if they make em)

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
I think they finally found some solid guys, I say they make it to the 1st round and get knocked out just because I really dont think they have THAT much playoff experience on their team besides maybe Bobby Jackson, and Stojakovic.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think the main thing on this team is if they can stay healthy and well right now, Paul is out and Chandler is out, so that will hurt them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%