[ANNOUNCEMENT] Forum Host Change

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Idk if the title is exactly what to call it, but whatever lol

On August 1, @[member="Shaggy"] will be converting the website over from IPB to Xenforo. Barring unexpected problems, nothing from the site should be lost (posts, image uploads, etc). The uploader should continue to exist at the Xenforo version.

It might take a few days for the conversion to fully process, and as a result the site will likely be down for a few days. I just wanted to give you all a heads up, so when you can't log on for "some weird reason"... this is why.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out to me or to @[member="Shaggy"].

Shaggy

Staff member
ADMIN
Reaction score
Not sure it will be today, but hopefully starting it this week. If not, will be Monday for sure.  Still working on the skin setup for XF 2.1. 

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Shaggy said:
Not sure it will be today, but hopefully starting it this week. If not, will be Monday for sure.  Still working on the skin setup for XF 2.1. 
You can always make a base-skin and once its up I plan on making something anyways, as well as I'm sure others like @[member="buzzy"] could contribute as well

Shaggy

Staff member
ADMIN
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
You can always make a base-skin and once its up I plan on making something anyways, as well as I'm sure others like @[member="buzzy"] could contribute as well

Its going to be the same skin as buzzy's and you guys can have a hay day with new skin options if you like. ;)

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Any update? This should have happened already.

@[member="Shaggy"]

Shaggy

Staff member
ADMIN
Reaction score
Patience, patience.  Getting it converted over tonight and maybe down most of the day tomorrow. 

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
I think we all need to exercise patience on this. People were against the idea of a forum host change a few years ago because we were so used to the site in its current set up, look and feel.

There's a lot being done to make sure that everything goes smoothly, that no images or data is lost in the conversion.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
GMF1991 said:
I think we all need to exercise patience on this. People were against the idea of a forum host change a few years ago because we were so used to the site in its current set up, look and feel.

There's a lot being done to make sure that everything goes smoothly, that no images or data is lost in the conversion.
That's fine, but also look at it from our perspective. We're running a sim league here and it's by far the most active part of the site. We talked with @[member="Shaggy"] about running these updates while I would be away so we wouldn't have to take even more days off than we already were going to (this was originally after the planned date, so you'd think everything should've been ready by then). Now I'm back and the league is in complete limbo until whenever the owner decides he wants to run the update (at least that's what it seems like, we aren't let in on the full amount of information). This whole thing has not been handled well, and it's to the point where we've had to have discussions as a league of whether or not we want to stay on SI and wait it out or make our own forum solely for the league. 

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
the few OG members and sim guys are the only reason the site has any activity #sad

Shaggy

Staff member
ADMIN
Reaction score
That's fine, but also look at it from our perspective. We're running a sim league here and it's by far the most active part of the site. We talked with @[member="Shaggy"] about running these updates while I would be away so we wouldn't have to take even more days off than we already were going to (this was originally after the planned date, so you'd think everything should've been ready by then). Now I'm back and the league is in complete limbo until whenever the owner decides he wants to run the update (at least that's what it seems like, we aren't let in on the full amount of information). This whole thing has not been handled well, and it's to the point where we've had to have discussions as a league of whether or not we want to stay on SI and wait it out or make our own forum solely for the league.
Start your SIMs league back now as the new software is up and running.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%