Aldridge to be shut down?

SaintFan25

#JK25
Reaction score
The Portland Trail Blazers announced that All-Star forward LaMarcus Aldridge will not practice on Tuesday because he "continues to experience soreness in his right hip." Aldridge will travel with trainer Jay Jensen to Vail, CO, for further evaluation by Dr. Marc Phillipon. Aldridge is listed as "questionable" for Wednesday's game vs. the Golden State Warriors.

Joe Freeman of The Oregonian quotes Blazers Acting GM Chad Buchanan saying that Aldridge could be shut down.

Buchanan said Blazers are "going to keep the door open" for [shutting down Aldridge]: "If that's what it comes to. That is a possibility. I wouldn't rule it out."

Freeman also quoted Aldridge from Monday night.

"My body is pretty beat up. I'm definitely not getting any better. But I haven't said anything about it."
http://www.blazersedge.com/2012/4/10/2938880/blazers-f-lamarcus-aldridge-travelling-to-vail-for-hip-exam

If they do decide to shut him down it's for the best, obviously we're not going anywhere this season. We'll need him healthy for next season after we retool in the offseason.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I still think the Blazers should blow it all up and trade Lamarcus for 1st rounders and youth. But thats just me cuz there arent enough other pieces in place for the Blazers to seriously compete.

SaintFan25

#JK25
Reaction score
PORTLAND, Ore. - Portland Trail Blazers forward/center LaMarcus Aldridge will undergo arthroscopic surgery on his right hip to repair a labral tear and will miss the remainder of the season, it was announced today by the team.

"In his most recent MRI, and following further evaluation, it's been determined that LaMarcus has a slight labral tear and will require arthroscopic surgery," said Acting General Manager Chad Buchanan. "LaMarcus' priority is that he's 100-percent healthy going into training camp this fall and we all feel this is the best course. He's had an All-Star year and his long-term health is the most important thing to consider."

Dr. Marc Phillipon will perform the surgery at a date to be determined.

A first-time NBA All-Star this year, Aldridge averaged a team-high 21.7 points to go with 8.0 rebounds, 2.4 assists, 0.93 steals, 0.82 blocks and 36.3 minutes in 55 games (all starts). He shot 51.2 percent from the field and 81.4 percent from the foul line, both career highs.

Aldridge currently ranks eighth among league leaders in scoring, 14th in field goal shooting and 25th in rebounding. He is the only NBA player averaging at least 21 points and eight rebounds while shooting better than 50 percent from the floor.
http://www.iamatrailblazersfan.com/PressReleaseDisplay/tabid/297/ItemID/3071/Default.aspx

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
really sucks, man. They started out well too but shit's just falling apart out there.

SaintFan25

#JK25
Reaction score
I still think the Blazers should blow it all up and trade Lamarcus for 1st rounders and youth. But thats just me cuz there arent enough other pieces in place for the Blazers to seriously compete.
I don't think it's time yet. As of right now, we already have solid young pieces to surround who we're structuring this team around (Batum and Aldridge) and we're heading into an offseason where we have 2 lottery picks and plenty of cap space. If we make the correct moves, the team can be turned around easily. If not then that will probably be time to blow it up.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
I don't think it's time yet. As of right now, we already have solid young pieces to surround who we're structuring this team around (Batum and Aldridge) and we're heading into an offseason where we have 2 lottery picks and plenty of cap space. If we make the correct moves, the team can be turned around easily. If not then that will probably be time to blow it up.
One of those lotto picks isn't guaranteed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%