AL East Discussion

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Post any little shit you wanna talk about it.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi
#Yankees have a scout watching #DBacks and #Cubs this weekend. So speculate away about Upton, Dempster and Garza. @MLBONFOX
I want Upton <_<

If we waste our better prospects on Garza or Dempster I'm gonna be pissed

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Yeah, and who knows what kind of production Dempster would have in the AL.

PS. Good news for you BC:

Andy Pettitte had X-rays on his fractured left ankle yesterday and told Mike Mazzeo of ESPN New York that “it’s healing up good” and “doc said the break was about 50 percent closed up.”

Pettitte was given a six-week recovery timetable after taking a Casey Kotchman line drive off his leg on June 27 and he’s still on that same course, which could mean a return around September 1.

For now he’s still not able to do any running, but Mazzeo reports that Pettitte has been riding a stationary bike, working out in a pool, and throwing from flat ground.

So even if the Yankees fail to trade for any starting pitching they should be getting some rotation help for the stretch run and playoffs.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Alex Rodriguez was back at third base yesterday after two games at designated hitter because of a stiff neck, and he didn’t take long to make the crowd pine for Eric Chavez.
On the second play of the Yankees’ rain-shortened 6-0 win, Rodriguez threw wildly to first for a two-base error after fielding a grounder by Toronto’s Brett Lawrie.
In the sixth, he couldn’t handle a slow grounder by Yunel Escobar that bounced off his glove. The play was ruled a hit.

“He doesn’t look uncomfortable,” Joe Girardi said. “He made a bad throw. It was do-or-die on the other one.”

The manager acknowledged earlier in the week that Rodriguez’s better performance at the plate when he doesn’t have to play the field was something that was on his radar, but he had made no plans to increase the third baseman’s time as a DH.

Source: New York Post

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yunel Escobar's clubhouse reputation has been a red flag for some teams and is hurting his market value, tweets Buster Olney of ESPN.com. The A's have been linked to the shortstop but are lukewarm on him as they are wary of disrupting their locker room atmosphere.
MLBTR.com

I'm a Jays fan and I've never heard of Yunel being a cancer in the clubhouse once; can anyone truly inform me of this? I've heard about him being lazy at times, but I've always seen him as someone positive to the clubhouse rather than someone negative.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Boston seems to have soured on Carl Crawford, reported Joel Sherman in the New York Post. An AL executive said Boston "wants [Crawford] out in the worst way." The Red Sox tried to swap Crawford for Marlins shortstop Reyes, but the teams were never close to making a deal.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
MLBTR.com

I'm a Jays fan and I've never heard of Yunel being a cancer in the clubhouse once; can anyone truly inform me of this? I've heard about him being lazy at times, but I've always seen him as someone positive to the clubhouse rather than someone negative.
He's pretty lazy at times but I doubt he's been a club house cancer. He seems to get along with his teammates.

GoneYard

Reaction score
We're going to find out how bad the O's want the postseason. Upcoming series'...

Boston
@Detroit
@Texas
Toronto
Chicago
@New York

This is a tough stretch.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Orioles & Hammel Avoid Arbitration
[font=courier new']Baltimore Sun[/font]
-- Jason Hammel's breakout season in 2012 was rewarded Friday when he agreed to a one-year, $6.75 million deal with the Orioles to avoid arbitration. He could make up to $300,000 more in performance incentives.

Closer Jim Johnson also agreed to a one-year deal Friday ($6.5 million), leaving just reliever Darren O&rsquo;Day as the only arbitration-eligible player remaining on the club.

Hammel, 30, went 8-6 with a 3.43 ERA in 20 starts for the Orioles last season. This upcoming season will be his last one before he can become a free agent.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Tampa Bay owed Kansas City a player to be named later from the big​
James Shields
trade back in December and today that player​
was named
:​
Elliot Johnson
.​
Johnson spent the past two seasons as the Rays&rsquo; utility man, but was designated for assignment last week along with Reid Brignac as Tampa Bay cleared 40-man roster space.​
Johnson isn&rsquo;t much of a hitter, batting .223 with a .621 OPS in 200 career games through age 28, but he&rsquo;s a very good defensive infielder with plus speed and seemingly has a good shot to claim a spot on the Royals&rsquo; bench.​

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
his is obviously the leader in the clubhouse for best injury of the year.​
Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times reports that Rays reliever Joel Peralta &ldquo;hurt his neck getting out of the car when he stopped for sandwiches.&rdquo;​
I realize it&rsquo;s only February 13, but that&rsquo;s gonna be awfully tough to beat.​
There is some good news, though. According to Topkin: &ldquo;Peralta was still able to get the sandwiches &hellip; and said they were good. Shouldn&rsquo;t miss much time.&rdquo;​
Phew.​
UPDATE:
Peralta​
was driving a Camaro
, which makes the whole thing even better.​
lmao

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Rivera Has 2nd Bullpen Session; Feels Great

[font=lucida sans unicode']TAMPA, Fla. -- As CC Sabathia walked past the back bullpen at Steinbrenner Field Saturday morning, on his way to stretch before a throwing session there, he glanced to his right, where another pitcher was popping a catcher's mitt.[/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode']"Why is Mo already throwing?" he asked Andy Pettitte.[/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode']On the original schedule for Saturday, Sabathia, Pettitte and Mariano Rivera were scheduled to throw their bullpen sessions at 9:50 a.m. [/font][font=lucida sans unicode']But in response to Sabathia's question, bullpen coach [/font]Mike Harkey[font=lucida sans unicode']said with a smile: "Mo wanted to throw alone."[/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode']The reason, Rivera said this past week, is his surgically repaired right knee. Because he is coming off an ACL tear, Rivera, who is wearing a light brace on the knee, said his workload needs to be increased to make sure he is ready for the regular season. "Everything was good. Perfect," Rivera said after throwing 25 pitches to bullpen catcher Roman Rodriguez. Said Rodriguez: "Same guy. No difference."[/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode']Joe Girardi did not watch the session, but the reports he received from pitching coach Larry Rothschild were encouraging. "It was good," Rothschild said. "I don't know what you say about him anymore."[/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode']Of course, two good bullpen sessions don't necessarily portend the kind of season Yankees fans have long expected out of Rivera. But it beats the alternative. "I trust myself," said Rivera, who compared the brace to a "sock" that he hardly knows is there. "I trust God first and I trust myself that I'm capable of doing this. I was expecting this. It feels good. Everything feels good."[/font]

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Thank god the Jays sent Romero down to A ball. Dude just can't throw strikes.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
--Boston Herald--

Farrell has not yet made the same commitment to closer Joel Hanrahan.  Hanrahan threw 30 pitches (mostly fastballs) in the bullpen at Fenway Park yesterday, the first time he has pitched off a mound since he was sidelined April 16, and didn’t report any pain in his strained right hamstring. He is scheduled for another bullpen session tomorrow, then perhaps a minor league rehab assignment over the weekend.

But while Hanrahan is eligible to be activated from the disabled list April 29, Farrell isn’t making any guarantees that he will return as the closer.  “I think we’ll get through the rehab assignments and get him back here before we address that,” Farrell said before last night’s series opener against the Oakland Athletics. “I think it’s probably a little bit premature to state anything along those lines.”

In Hanrahan’s absence, Andrew Bailey is 3-for-4 in save opportunities and has struck out eight in five innings over five appearances. Like Hanrahan, Bailey is a two-time All-Star closer and yesterday was named AL co-Player of the Week, sharing the distinction with Red Sox first baseman Mike Napoli.

For now, Hanrahan is concerned only with getting healthy.
“I don’t feel it right now,” Hanrahan said. “Game intensity is a little bit different. But that was going to be one of the big tests, getting the slope (of the mound) out there. I think it went pretty well. Overall, I think it was a positive day.”

wilmyers

Reaction score
Alfredo Aceves, yes, THEE Alfredo Aceves is back in the Bronx!  Well, sortv'e..

Agrees to a minor league deal with the Yanks; will join their Triple-A rotation in Scranton.

https://twitter.com/KenDavidoff/status/449660152564576256

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Red Sox released Francisco Cordero.

https://twitter.com/ChrisCotillo/status/450019991501701121

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%