AFC North Preview

East

Legends Live Forever
Reaction score

1. Baltimore Ravens

From what looks to be a race between the Ravens and the Steelers( Maybe Cincy) it should be a good season. Both teams played to a 12-4 record last year, but the Ravens held the tiebreak. The Ravens were 6-0 against the AFC North, which is a big accomplishment in itself. Ray Rice is going to have a monster season for the Ravens, and is going to push them atop the AFC.The Ravens are a tough, physical team that likes to run the ball. The NFL doesn’t have many teams like them anymore. Baltimore should be in place to take the division if not the conference.

2. Pittsburgh Steelers

Pittsburgh is pretty much bringing back the same offensive group, minus a hurt Mendenhall who should be replaced by Issac Redman. Wallace and Brown should be poised to have another solid season as Brown signed his new contract a month ago. The Steelers once again bring back a studly defense with bare changes, but none were needed. If you look at the stats from last season they were near the top in every category.The Steelers made very few significant offseason transactions. Expect them in the play offs.

3. Cincinnati Bengals

The Bengals were lead by two pro bowl caliber rookeis in QB Andy Dalton and Wide out AJ Green. With Benson gone they signed ex Pat BenJarvious Green Ellis who looks to carry the load. Greshem looks to have an even bigger impact on the offensive side of the ball this season. This April the Bengals snagged what I believe was one of the top sleepers in this draft, Dre Kirckpatrick. He is going to an already established defense and it should only make them better, which they will need to cover the likes of Mike Wallace. The Bengals are in a tough spot, they haven't won a play off game this decade and it will be tough to over come Baltimore and Pittsburgh.

4. Cleveland Browns

The Browns look to bring a new culture to the offense by spending both of their 2012 first round picks on offensive skill positions. They acquired Running Back Trent Richardson and Quaterback Brandon Weeden. Both of them will be starting right out the gate and Mike Holmgreen is putting a lot of faith and trust into them. Greg Little looks to be the only sure thing at Wide out right now as it is a young corp and needs time to develop. The line will be headlined by Alex Mack and All Pro Joe Thomas. The Browns run defense needed a lot of improvement and the front office did nothing to help it. They will be average against the pass again. This is going to be another down year for the Browns as the team has been sold and looks like the last year for a lot of personnel. There's always next year Cleveland

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
We won't know how good Kirkpatrick can be because he can't play due to injury. To be honest, I feel like it was a poor pick, I'm not big on Dre at all but we'll see over time, I hope he proves me wrong but I think he has bust written all over him.

On another note, third place in the division seems to be about as high as we can get lol.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Kirkpatrick should be a safety. If he doesn't work out at corner, he's a Pro Bowl safety.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%