AFC East Discussion

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Post whatever division-related news or rumors you want to discuss.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Wow, very interesting for the Bills:
The youth movement could help the Bills emerge as a potential wild-card team. They have seven games against young quarterbacks -- Tannehill twice, Gabbert, Luck, Locker, Wilson and Weeden. They also play Matt Cassel of the Kansas City Chiefs.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I actually think the Bills go 12-4. I'm a believer in Fitzpatrick; hes not gonna slack off like he did in the 2nd half last year

TTN2810

Reaction score
12-4?! They're still the Bills. And you think Fitz's fall was him falling off? You don't think it was teams figuring him out?

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lmao 12-4...slow down there buddy

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
1 @ New York
2 vs Kansas City
3 @ Cleveland
4 vs New England
5 @ San Francisco
6 @ Arizona
7 vs Tennessee
9 @ Houston
10 @ New England
11 vs Miami
12 @ Indianapolis
13 vs Jacksonville
14 vs St. Louis
15 vs Seattle
16 @ Miami
17 vs New York

That's a really easy schedule. Give them losses to Houston, SF, and 2x NE and that's 12 wins. Their next hardest games is Wk 1 vs Jets, who look offensively inept, and home games versus KC and TEN

12-4 isnt too much when u look at their schedule

TTN2810

Reaction score
Based on their schedule they go 8-8. You think they are a lot better than they are.
No way they beat KC or Seattle, and they probably won't beat Tennessee either. I'm sure they'll also lose to NY in NY.

Why so high on the Bills? A QB who's average at best, very very weak WR group, average O-Line. Granted they have a good front 7, but their DB's are young and a liability. They're an average team, who you are overrating, and underrating a select few of their opponents.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
How can you say the Jets will win Week 1? They have shown to be the most inept offense through 3 preseason games in NFL History. Bills can get to the QB and their DBs are solid enough to make plays when the pass rush alters the QBs throw.

Fred Jackson was injured last year in the end, but he was so dominant before that. KC's offense is based around the running game, and Bills line is filthy, so that's going to be hard to do .

And Fitz is definitely above average. He may not have all the intangibles, but what he does have is that extremely high Harvard IQ.

I just find it funny that you say they will lose to KC, NYJ, SEA, and TEN because "Fitz is average", when he is probably the best QB of those 5

BlackMamba

Reaction score
I see the bills at 10-6 losing to NE both times, Hou, SF, KC, and SEA

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Per USA Today:

The New York Jets are the first team since 1977 to go without atouchdown in each of its first three preseason games. Since crossing the goal line is such a foreign concept for Gang Green, the New York Post decided to have a little fun with the drought:Courtesy @SI_Vault, here's a photo of a brief news item that appeared in Tuesday's Post:

TTN2810

Reaction score
How can you say the Jets will win Week 1? They have shown to be the most inept offense through 3 preseason games in NFL History. Bills can get to the QB and their DBs are solid enough to make plays when the pass rush alters the QBs throw.

Fred Jackson was injured last year in the end, but he was so dominant before that. KC's offense is based around the running game, and Bills line is filthy, so that's going to be hard to do .

And Fitz is definitely above average. He may not have all the intangibles, but what he does have is that extremely high Harvard IQ.

I just find it funny that you say they will lose to KC, NYJ, SEA, and TEN because "Fitz is average", when he is probably the best QB of those 5
I'd take any of those QB's except Sanchez over Fitz. Fitz's play when he's on isn't as high as the others, and his lows are much lower. He's they type of QB when he's off to throw multiple INT's, which happened 8 times last year, with 2 of which being 3 INT games, and one being a 4 INT game. He's so inconsistent he's going to blow some games, and he's not a QB who's going to go and win a game when he is on, unlike some of the other guys. Locker and Wilson are unproven, but are better QB's who will win games. And Cassel isn't going to lose games himself with the team he has around him.

And I LOL at your reasons for the Bills winning those games.

The Jets, sure, they may lose, but you're basing this on the fucking preseason. Remember when the Patriots went 0-4 and then went 16-0? Pre-season doesn't mean shit! Hell if it did, you should be freaking out that the Pats are gonna suck this year.

KC's defense is WAY better than the Bills. If anything, the Bills will be shut out on offense, passing and running. And KC will be much better passing this year with Baldwin taking some heat off Bowe. Both can be monsters, and will be way to much for Gilmore and Williams, who are in year 1 and 2 respectively.

And you're really counting on Fred Jackson, a 31 year old running back, who by the way, is coming off an injury to lead the league again?

Lake Louise

Reaction score
The Bills are hard to figure out. One Week they get crushed, the next they crush. Actually, this division as a whole has been up and down, each team. As weird as it is to say, but I think the Jets have looked the best so far. I would say Pats but the loss to the Cardinals, along with not being very good in that game, changed that.

Jets took care of the Bills handily Week 1, and played a tough one against the Steelers Week 2. That's a tough team to get a win against. They score early, but just couldn't manage a way to do it again.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CJ Spiller puts the team on his back, fuck Madden.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Bills Re-Sign QB Jackson

[font=lucida sans unicode']Another potential free agent quarterback target for the Jets came off the board yesterday.[/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode']The Bills re-signed quarterback Tarvaris Jackson to a one-year deal, preventing him from becoming a free agent next month. New Bills coach Doug Marrone said there will be an open competition between Jackson and Ryan Fitzpatrick for the starting quarterback job.[/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode']The Jets are expected to sign a veteran free agent quarterback to compete with Mark Sanchez and Greg McElroy or a quarterback they acquire in the draft. There was no evidence Jackson was ever under consideration by the Jets, but some speculated he made sense because new general manager John Idzik was familiar with him from their days with the Seahawks.[/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode']Jackson’s signing comes days after the Eagles re-signed Michael Vick, who many thought would be released by the team.[/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode']The top quarterbacks expected to be available when free agency opens on March 12 are Matt Moore, Jason Campbell and David Garrard. Backups Alex Smith of the 49ers and Matt Flynn of the Seahawks also are expected to be available either through a trade or if their current teams cut them loose.[/font]

Steez

Reaction score
Alex Smith or bust for the Bills. I don't like this crop of QB's in this years draft. I want Alex until some better prospects come around.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
I agree. Smith is pretty much the only QB of any value on the market right now -- even the Jags don't appear to be looking at the draft for a QB.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
and it seems like no one is looking at smith as an option either.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Which is kind of bizarre. There's nothing wrong with the guy -- sure he's not flashy, but with a solid set of WRs he can be damn good QB. Protect his ass in the pocket, and he won't turn the ball over either. If Browns get rid of Weeden they should take a look at Smith & Wallace. solid combo, combined with T-Rich -- you got a good core to build around.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Jets Sign RB Mike Goodson

fter losing four players at the outset of free agency, the Jets finally made an aggressive move. They signed former Raiders running back Mike Goodson to a three-year, $6.9 million contract, a league source said Friday.

Goodson, who also attracted interest from the Bengals, will have a chance for a significant role. The Jets lost leading rusher Shonn Greene to the Tennessee Titans, leaving a gaping hole in the backfield.

The holdovers are Bilal Powell and Joe McKnight, neither of whom has experience as an every-down back. The last time the Jets went into a season without a 1,000-yard rusher on their roster was 1994.

The Jets believe Goodson was one of the top sleepers in free agency. He has some big-play ability (he averaged 6.3 yards per carry last season in a small role) and he can catch the ball out of the backfield (40 receptions for the Panthers in 2010).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%