Ads on Jerseys Approved

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
A sign of the apocalypse:
NBA approves team jersey sponsorships for 2017-2018.
Pretty fucking bush league move for an industry that is worth $1.25 billion, on average, per team. This is just the beginning. I project that they'll expand this nonsense over time and we'll eventually see NBA uniforms that resemble sleeveless soccer uniforms.

I really, really hope the other pro sports leagues don't consider this horseshit.

BNC

Reaction score
Really not that big of a deal...

Sutherby

Reaction score
I use to absolutely hate this shit but I've watched so much European hockey over the last few years that I don't even notice it anymore... which kind of defeats the purpose for advertisers

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
Wouldn't expect anything different. They league has let the game change so much to sell tickets that it hardly resembles real basketball anymore

BNC

Reaction score
Sutherby said:
I use to absolutely hate this shit but I've watched so much European hockey over the last few years that I don't even notice it anymore... which kind of defeats the purpose for advertisers
It's not even going to be that bad. It'll be like the All-Star game this year, which I'm guessing most people forgot had ads on the jerseys

BNC

Reaction score
Oh my god this is literally the worst, I can't see anything but the ads /s

CP3MVP

#OrlandoStrong
Reaction score
yeah I care 0 about this, not gonna change anything or me at all.

catman

Reaction score
Will they decrease ticket prices to the fans?

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
catman said:
Will they decrease ticket prices to the fans?
Absolutely not. This is all about padding owner's pockets. And if you don't see this as selling out, then I'm sorry. Walk around wearing a Kia logo on your NBA replica now and look fucking stupid.

SC3

Reaction score
As long as they don't make it like soccer where the teams have giant logos front and center on the jersey, it should be fine.

BNC

Reaction score
Pharoah said:
Absolutely not. This is all about padding owner's pockets. And if you don't see this as selling out, then I'm sorry. Walk around wearing a Kia logo on your NBA replica now and look fucking stupid.
Except the retail versions won't have ads

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
AD23 said:
As long as they don't make it like soccer where the teams have giant logos front and center on the jersey, it should be fine.
Maybe not now but this is definitely the foot in the door. It won't take long and we'll see another small, "not a big deal" ad somewhere on the uniform. Some years down the road and these guys will look like Nascars running up and down the floor. And if you think I'm off base here, compare ads in stadiums and arena now, with those of 20-30 years ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%