Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
We will be starting our 5th annual SI player rankings.  Last year we only go to the SF position, but I'm quite determined to get the rankings completely finished this year.

Don't be afraid to share your opinion, whether it's a popular one or not.  We will once again be going 10 spots deep at all 5 positions.

Please remember these two things, please vote on the polls and vote for the best player, don't be a homer.  Most of the polls will be open 24 hours, but if the first place vote getter gets 5 or more votes than the second vote getter than I will close the thread if I'm around. Nola and I will be guys running the polls in order to try to get this done this time around. 

Remember, this is based on who is currently the best player, not who has the potential to be the best.  Who would you take today?

2015 SI PF Rankings
1) Anthony Davis
2) Blake Griffin
3) LaMarcus Aldridge
4) Kevin Love
5) Chris Bosh
6) 
7)
8) 
9)
10) 

2014 SI PF Rankings
Incomplete

2013 SI PF Rankings

2012 SI PF Rankings
Incomplete

2011 SI PF Rankings

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I wonder where Bosh would've gone had he still been playing with LeBron.

I went Pau here though. 

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Toss up between Pau and Tim

went Pau

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
My response to the Duncan stuff btw:

Cause there are people who think he's a center, while others think he should stay at PF. 
I personally view him as a PF so I'm not concerned enough to change him on the poll. 

Google best PF of all time, Duncan is one of the first search results. Regardless of how he plays or what Popp says, he is listed as and has primarily always been viewed as a PF. He isn't in the best C of all time discussion, it's the best PF of all time. 

I understand he started playing next to Robinson, and that's why he became a PF, but that happen and that's just how it ended up. 

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
From what I can remember every Spurs team had at least some guy that couldn't shoot and was therefore put at center next to Duncan, regardless of how many minutes they were on the floor with each other. Be it Robinson, Mohammed, Oberto or Splitter or whoever.

What even differentiates a PF from a Center? I'd say it's the skill set that extends his jump shot to mid range while also generally operating from the high post more often than the center. Also usually being a little quicker on his feet.

So even if you take out the starting Center and slide Duncan over, I wouldn't say that he's autmatically the de facto center on the floor. He's still a PF and plays the same way. Who's to say that you can't have three Fowards and two guards on the floor?

I think we should rather label a player with a position depending on how he plays, what he does on the floor and what defines him as a player rather than with what 4 guys he plays with.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Natural fit takes way too much comprehension of the game of basketball for Nola. He'd rather just look at speculative numbers

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The board idiot liked your post to, that's cute.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
It's crazy that I didn't know you could see WHO liked your post until like a month ago haha

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
For the future we should just make it simple, where does a guy play the most amount of his minutes at? That's where he is listed.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Rip has done a fine job running this. I think he's gotten every position right.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Rip has done a fine job running this. I think he's gotten every position right.
Except Timmy

And it's not speculative if you know how to do it

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Other way around actually, apparently.

It's cringeworthy that the people on this bored are so closed and simple minded, and Duncan being a center is so obvious it hurts. I have said in the past though, the mark of a good intelligent man is the ability to change his mind when presented with new information. That totally applies for people here.

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
Other way around actually, apparently.

It's cringeworthy that the people on this bored are so closed and simple minded, and Duncan being a center is so obvious it hurts. I have said in the past though, the mark of a good intelligent man is the ability to change his mind when presented with new information. That totally applies for people here.
I've explained my viewpoint above. Just because he plays the majority of his time with smaller guys doesn't make him a center by definition. He might play *on* the center position.

There's simply two ways to see this.
By what position the player is categorized under and by what position a player plays.

If Roy Hibbert plays 90% of his time at point guard I'd still categorize him as a center because of his frame, his attributes and his skills. By your logic he's become a PG then.
Neither is really wrong per se.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%