Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
MVP, just won a title. Hard to vote against Steph.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
It's really hard to categorize and rank these players, because like nola has said before, positions are just simple labels.

The difference between James Harden and Russell Westbrook isnt that big in terms of play style. But one is a PG and one is a SG.

I would argue that Westbrook is a lot more like Harden than he is Paul.

My point in this is that Chris Paul is the best PG in the league. By the definition of a PG, it's literally cp3 as the perfect answer. But when you ask if he's better than the combo guards like Curry and Westbrook, I'd put Paul at #3 personally.

It's also stupid that we'll have a good PG not make the Top 10, but we'll have some poor SG make the 10. Avery Bradley has a much better chance of making this list than Isaiah Thomas does, but IT4 is definitely the better player. Imo should be Top 20 guards, Top 20 wings, Top 10 bigs

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
the top guards and forwards does sound good

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
That's just how it goes. I just hope we don't have dictator nola in here telling us who we can and can't vote for this time

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
It's really hard to categorize and rank these players, because like nola has said before, positions are just simple labels.

The difference between James Harden and Russell Westbrook isnt that big in terms of play style. But one is a PG and one is a SG.

I would argue that Westbrook is a lot more like Harden than he is Paul.

My point in this is that Chris Paul is the best PG in the league. By the definition of a PG, it's literally cp3 as the perfect answer. But when you ask if he's better than the combo guards like Curry and Westbrook, I'd put Paul at #3 personally.

It's also stupid that we'll have a good PG not make the Top 10, but we'll have some poor SG make the 10. Avery Bradley has a much better chance of making this list than Isaiah Thomas does, but IT4 is definitely the better player. Imo should be Top 20 guards, Top 20 wings, Top 10 bigs
Positions are just labels, but it makes it easier to formulate these types of questions, and bunches the players up in manageable categories. 

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
That's just how it goes. I just hope we don't have dictator nola in here telling us who we can and can't vote for this time
Somebody needs to be around to have a voice against you clowns wanting to vote Rose #3 overall or whatever it was.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
Somebody needs to be around to have a voice against you clowns wanting to vote Rose #3 overall or whatever it was.

If we wanted to vote it, let us vote it. If it was a bad decision, then hopefully enough people would've been able to counteract my opinion.

There's been worse opinions in these polls, i.e. "Kyrie not being a top 10 point guard" - Nola, or "Demar Derozan is not a shooting guard" - Nola

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Oh god, I forgot about that whole Derozan/Ross thing

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
IDK when that vote happened that you're referring to, but at the time of Rose's MVP, one could make a legitimate case for him being the #1 PG in the league.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hurricane Season said:
IDK when that vote happened that you're referring to, but at the time of Rose's MVP, one could make a legitimate case for him being the #1 PG in the league.
Last season

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That's another one people were incredibly late on.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Rondo wouldn't have won had you put Derrick Rose on the list.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You could have put my little sister on the list and Rondo at five would have still been laughable. Just took him going to a relevant team for people to realize he is a bad basketball player.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Did Nola rig the vote one year or something?

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
We decided that you had to participate in a certain number of games to be eligible for this list and Rose didn't meet the requirements, I either accidentally put him on the list or put him on there because people wanted him as a voting option, I don't remember. But I took him off when two or three people tried to say he was the 2nd or 3rd PG in the league, which clearly wasn't and isn't the case.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
You could have put my little sister on the list and Rondo at five would have still been laughable. Just took him going to a relevant team for people to realize he is a bad basketball player.
Wow, and you call me a troll SMH

All I meant from that was that I voted for Rondo because Rose wasn't on the list, and Rondo only won by 1 vote. Rajon wouldnt have won if Rose was on the list, was my point

And Rondo is FAR from a bad basketball player. Played really well for the Celtics this year, to the point that getting a late 1st and Jae Crowder, plus contracts, for 
Rondo was considered a steal for Dallas. Now, Rondo and Carlisle had significantly different opinions on how to play, and Carlisle didn't let Rondo play the style that suits his game. Rondo in Dallas was a disaster, but he is not a "bad basketball player". He's not Top 10 anymore, but he'll bounce back in Sacramento. With Rudy, Boogie, Belinelli, and maybe even Smith, the Kings will run Rondo Ball, and it will work pretty well.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rondo never played "really well" for Boston. He's been a scrub for two years now. Don't be a fool.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
Rondo never played "really well" for Boston. He's been a scrub for two years now. Don't be a fool.
Bitch please

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndyfsS0bFK8

In Boston this past year he averaged 8.3ppg/10.8apg/7.5rpg in 31mpg, with an assist percentage of 49.3. That APG and AST% would have been best in the league this year, but his Dallas stats dropped him to 5th in the league. 3rd best rebounder this year too for PGs (Again, would have been #1 under Boston's pace)

I can also guarantee you that you didn't watch a single Celtics game with Rondo this year. You're just very much biased against Rondo, whether its because he was a Celtic, or because he can't shoot well, idk. To say he is a bad basketball player is idiotic when he still put up Top 5 numbers for the position in every non-shooting statistic. I don't think he's Top 10 right now, but that more has to do with the players that have done well to supplant him, like Teague. He's still Top 13 imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%