Status
Not open for further replies.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It is time to vote for the top 5 players at every position. Alot has changed in the last season so this should make for great discussion. Please try and vote for the best player and don't be a homer! I'll leave the polls open for about a day or so and after that we'll carry on to the #3 PG and so on. I will more than likely add more players as we go since you can only add 20 at a time.

REMEMBER this is based on who is the best player, not the player who has the potential to be the best

2011 TOP 5 C RANKINGS
1) Dwight Howard
2) Andrew Bynum
3)
4)
5)

2011 TOP 5 PF RANKINGS
1) Dirk Nowitzki
2) Amar'e Stoudemire
3) Pau Gasol
4) Kevin Love
5) Zach Randolph

2011 TOP 5 SF RANKINGS
1) Lebron James
2) Kevin Durant
3) Carmelo Anthony
4) Rudy Gay
5) Paul Pierce

2011 TOP 5 SG RANKINGS
1) Dwyane Wade
2) Kobe Bryant
3) Joe Johnson
4) Monta Ellis
5) Eric Gordon

2011 TOP 5 PG RANKINGS
1) Chris Paul
2) Deron Williams
3) Derrick Rose
4) Rajon Rondo
5) Steve Nash

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Went with Bogut. I'd say he's been somewhat of a disappointment in the NBA after being the top pick, but he is still a very good center in a league that lacks good centers. I think having a point guard like Brandon Jennings hurts his production a little on the offensive end, but he is still capable of scoring the ball (16 points a game two seasons ago).

He could be a little quicker on defense, but he's not nearly as bad as a guy like Al Jefferson. But he's a excellent rebounder and blocks a lot of shots (#1 in NBA).

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Al Jefferson easily.
This is about best overall player, not best offensive player.

Unless you think that Jefferson is so good on the offensive end that it makes up for his nonexistent defense?

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Al Jefferson defensively is average. Offensively, he is far and away the 2nd best center.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Al Jefferson defensively is average. Offensively, he is far and away the 2nd best center.
Lol, Al Jefferson isn't average defensively. Like I said in the #2 C thread, just because you can rebound and block shots doesn't mean you are good or average defensively.

There is a reason Utah gave up 11 more points per 100 possessions with Jefferson on the floor rather than him off the floor. That's the biggest gap in the NBA.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Jazz were a deep team that had a second unit consisting of Derrick Favors, Okur, Kirilenko.

Jefferson is SO much better offensively than any C besides Dwight that I think it more than makes up for any defensive deficiency.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Jazz were a deep team that had a second unit consisting of Derrick Favors, Okur, Kirilenko.

Jefferson is SO much better offensively than any C besides Dwight that I think it more than makes up for any defensive deficiency.
It doesn't, he's horrific defensively. That's the reason he's already played for three teams. Coaches think he's good enough offensively and that they can get him to play better defensively, but nobody has been able to do it yet.

He really hurts his team when he's on the floor defensively.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Maybe if he was healthy lol

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He was traded for Kevin Garnett by the Celtics, and the Wolves dealt him for two 1sts because they were rebuilding and completely dumped his contract and had an up and coming Kevin Love in the wings.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
yea, alJeff wasnt traded because his defense was bad. hes been traded to teams that started a rebuild.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
yea, alJeff wasnt traded because his defense was bad. hes been traded to teams that started a rebuild.
So you think his bad defense had NOTHING to do with him being traded? :headsmack:

I guarantee if he wasn't a bad defender, he'd still be in Minnesota. Teams don't trade promising YOUNG bigs because they are rebuilding. Heck then they turn around and trade for Michael Beasley who will be making over 6M this year and will be in the running for a nice new contract? Something about that seems wrong to me (though it does kind of push the point that Minny's front office is kind of :wacko: )

But that isn't the point, the guy isn't the third best center in the NBA. He plays one of the floor, that's it. That alone should drop him far down the list.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
him and kevin love didnt fit. that had a lot to do with him getting traded.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Al Horford is a PF who gets dominated by bigger centers, and Bogut has no offensive game.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Al Horford is a PF who gets dominated by bigger centers, and Bogut has no offensive game.
That is overstated. Sure he is no Dirk on the offensive end, but he can definetly hold his own.

He struggled some last season, but I think a lot of that had to do with the elbow injury he had the year before. The year before that (and mostly his entire NBA career), Bogut was a great pick and roll player. That year Bogut was among the top 5% when talking about ppp in pick and roll situations. He scored 1.4 points every time he rolled to the basket while shooting 70.8% when rolling to the basket, which was 5th among eligible players.

I said this earlier, but I think Brandon Jennings hurts Bogut's production on offense. Like this years 1st pick Kyrie Irving, Jennings can score using ball screens but he can't pass out of them. Jennings just can't hit players rolling to the basket. He committed a turnover 8.3% of the time he was trying to hit a man rolling.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I can go find irrelevant stats to support Al Jefferson too, but it's quite clear that he is greatly superior offensively.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lmao, irrelevant. Ok... :headsmack:

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
So you think his bad defense had NOTHING to do with him being traded? :headsmack:
yeah, it really didnt

Jeff had the 2nd most value on the Celtics when traded for KG (Pierce had the most).
KLove is one of the best bigs in the game, and made Jefferson expendable

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
yeah, it really didnt

Jeff had the 2nd most value on the Celtics when traded for KG (Pierce had the most).
KLove is one of the best bigs in the game, and made Jefferson expendable
Don't be a fool bosox, your a Celtics fan so you should know that you aren't going to last with Doc if you don't play defense.

And to really believe that his defensive play isn't a reason for being on three different NBA teams already is completely idiotic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%